RUGER LCP - I need a poor sights fix! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RUGER LCP - I need a poor sights fix!

1. Here's How

I am new here so I will make this my first post:

Go to a gun shop and purchase a bottle of sight paint. Actually,you will need to purchase TWO colors. Put the orange/red (orange is more visible in low light) on the front ramp and then line the inside of the "V" rear sight with WHITE. Wipe both sights with alcohol and using a toothpick, put a DOT of the orange on the top portion of the front ramp. A dot at the top vs. an orange line down the whole ramp will tend to make it easier to center the sights and it helps keep you from shooting high, especially on quick follow-up shots. The contrast makes this combination VERY easy to see in low light. The Crinsom Trace works well, but for me it takes away from the reason most people use the LCP as a primary carry; it adds weight and bulk even though it is not much, not to mention $$$s.

As allready stated, the LCP is a BBG and it is quite likely you will not be doing much aming in a selp defense situation, but at the range it sure helps :)

3. Red face LCP accuracy

I own an LCR. I've always been of the mind, and I read another owner commenting, that with this type of weapon it's not about accuracy at distances. It's a stick it in his ribs and pull the trigger type of weapon.

I carry the Ruger P345 which has fairly decent sights but having injured my right eye a few years ago I have trouble seeing the front sight/ put a dab of white paint on it- that helped.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I was going to discuss a gun like the LCP being used for it's intended purpose of self defense within 21 feet and the associated under pressure "fast battle groups" the size of your outstretched hand versus relaxed paper target shooting trying to get the holes as close as possible. However, it's been pretty much touched on.

Your gun is fine, the sights are fine, your eyes are fine and together it's all fine for what the gun is intended for IMHO.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

The ruger LCR is good for about 7 yards.

I am an NRA handgun instructor and I have a Ruger LCP. You can aim with the LCP it is just harder but use the fundamentals such as good grip, trigger control and follow through, I stood at 30 feet away and got 19 out of 20 7 ring or better. The thing is it is good to practice but if you ever get into a self defense shooting you will not be using the sights no matter which gun you are carrying.
    Bud

I even have trouble w/ my Ruger P345. I put a daub of white paint on the front sight that helped a little, But nothings going to help that right eye I damasged it awhile back and the doc said he can't do anything to help it. I've been shooting w/ my right eye for as lon g as I can remember but this summer I'll have to start shooting left handed. Cwan't get out in the woods right now all forest roads are closed for the winter.

You outlined the reason I put a Crimson Trace on mine. But I found with practice it became easier to get pretty good results with the regular sights.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12