Getting "Intimate" with Violence Poll - Page 2

View Poll Results: What do you believe is the root of violence?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • An abusive childhood experience.

8 12.70%
  • A neurological defect

4 6.35%
  • An expression of spiritual evil

19 30.16%
  • Violence is a natural occurrance.

39 61.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting "Intimate" with Violence Poll

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    Interesting.

Give me two 2-year old kids and one toy. Violence is an inherent aspect of human nature. Even parents who think their babies are 'little angels' hate it when I use this example, because their little angel will try to rip the eyes out of that other kid in order to get that toy.

Doesn't mean they're trained to kill like a mad pitbull. Doesn't mean the parents are suspect. Doesn't mean anything other than violence has been happening for as long as people have been happening.
    +1. Very good explanation.

3. Quote Originally Posted by hopnpop View Post
    +1. Very good explanation.
    Yep, and to add to it from an anthrapological point of view, most cultures have a correct way for boys to express their violent tendancies, usually without killing each other (the next tribe over might be fair game, however). Our society is telling them (mostly, football notwithstanding) violence is unacceptable so you have no outlet, now go watch mass murderers, serial killers and gangstas get rich on tv and in your games. Sending mixed messages here? no wonder our kids are killing each other
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

football among other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Our society is telling them (mostly, football notwithstanding) violence is unacceptable...
    ...don't forget hockey & boxing. ...And for God's sake, U F C fighting!! Can't stomach watching UFC - I'm the guy screamin at the TV "TAP OUT!! TAP, you MORON!! Your opponent just broke your nose and shoved your leg up your ass - TAP OUT!!"

5. Quote Originally Posted by hopnpop View Post
    ...don't forget hockey & boxing. ...And for God's sake, U F C fighting!! Can't stomach watching UFC - I'm the guy screamin at the TV "TAP OUT!! TAP, you MORON!! Your opponent just broke your nose and shoved your leg up your ass - TAP OUT!!"
    In school, Kids don't box any more, or study MMA, the kids just watch on TV.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12