Questions about Hawaii Laws - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about Hawaii Laws

Well that tells me why DOG only carry's OC spray lol. On top of that is he not a Felon? For a drug deal killing with his brother? Does he even still do bounty hunting or no because they canned his show. I hear all he did was go after old crack heads who could not fight back this true?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Ok

You're more in tune with the politics there, GF.

We now have a statutory recognition in NV with two popular non-resident CCWs; FL and UT. Our Clark County handgun registration code was changed by a stronger State preemption law last legislative session to be much more visitor friendly.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

4. Question -

I am military, and I purchased a handgun in VA prior to being moved to Hawaii. The weapon was all packed into my household goods, and immediately upon arrival here I had forgotten to take it to HPD and get it registered. Since it was packed up and I had a lot of other things going on, "out of sight out of mind" occured.

Since I am outside of the required 72 hour window for registration, what happens? Fine? Nothing? Throw my ass in jail?

If anyone knows, I'd be very appreciative to know what to expect. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by YOM77 View Post
    Question -

I am military, and I purchased a handgun in VA prior to being moved to Hawaii. The weapon was all packed into my household goods, and immediately upon arrival here I had forgotten to take it to HPD and get it registered. Since it was packed up and I had a lot of other things going on, "out of sight out of mind" occured.

Since I am outside of the required 72 hour window for registration, what happens? Fine? Nothing? Throw my ass in jail?

If anyone knows, I'd be very appreciative to know what to expect. Thanks in advance.

You should immediately arrange for someone to bail you out. The bail will probably be $100 or $250 depending on how they charge you. You can bail yourself out, but you need to let the desk sergeant know at the time of booking. You will be arrested and held under HRS 702-35. This offense is punishable by up to 15 years in jail. I've seen past cases where the minimum sentence is 5 years in jail, 3 years probation, and 1,000 hours of community service.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Now that i've got you all worked up, I'll give you some good news. It would be best to register the firearms as soon as possible. Be sure that the firearm is unloaded and cased properly for transport. Leave any accessories at home. HPD doesn't need to see anything other than the firearm. PRHI limits magazine capacity to 10 rounds. Posession of a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds is a misdemenor. Inserting such magazine (loaded or not) is a fealony, hence take only the firearm. If they ask about your magazines, being in the military I'm sure you'll be able to come up with an appropriate answer.

Be sure to have your photo ID and $30.25 for the FBI fingerprint check. Having exact change will make the process a lot easier. Be prepared to spend about an hour on your first visit. The parking meters take only quarters, so have at least 6 of them to feed the meter.

PM me if you have any questions. Whatever you do, don't admit to any criminal activity!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

6. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    You should immediately arrange for someone to bail you out. The bail will probably be $100 or $250 depending on how they charge you. You can bail yourself out, but you need to let the desk sergeant know at the time of booking. You will be arrested and held under HRS 702-35. This offense is punishable by up to 15 years in jail. I've seen past cases where the minimum sentence is 5 years in jail, 3 years probation, and 1,000 hours of community service.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Now that i've got you all worked up, I'll give you some good news. It would be best to register the firearms as soon as possible. Be sure that the firearm is unloaded and cased properly for transport. Leave any accessories at home. HPD doesn't need to see anything other than the firearm. PRHI limits magazine capacity to 10 rounds. Posession of a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds is a misdemenor. Inserting such magazine (loaded or not) is a fealony, hence take only the firearm. If they ask about your magazines, being in the military I'm sure you'll be able to come up with an appropriate answer.

Be sure to have your photo ID and $30.25 for the FBI fingerprint check. Having exact change will make the process a lot easier. Be prepared to spend about an hour on your first visit. The parking meters take only quarters, so have at least 6 of them to feed the meter.

PM me if you have any questions. Whatever you do, don't admit to any criminal activity!

gf
    Thanks a ton for the response!

I'll go down monday and register it, and begin serving my jail sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by YOM77 View Post
    Thanks a ton for the response!

I'll go down monday and register it, and begin serving my jail sentence.

Once you get the Hawaii registration, you'll have to register the firearm with the provost marshall if you live on post or want to do some shooting on base.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12