First Elk

Thread: First Elk

First Elk

My 12 yr old son killed his first elk this weekend. He shot a calf at 270 yds laying down and hit her right in the neck, she never moved. We had a great time and I would recommend hunting with your children every time you get a chance. There is no greater joy than watching their eyes light up after a scucessful hunt.

Take a kid hunting or fishing and show them the world of the outdoors, they will be forever grateful.

Semper Fi

Amen! Congratulations to you and your son! Nothing like watching one of your children and sharing a tradition we cherish.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

+1 Nicely done...
    Couple a questions:
    How's the freezer?
    Any pictures yet?
    Semper Fi

Ricbak, the freezer is comfortably full of elk, but I still have one cow tag left for my son and if things pan out by the end of the month, I amy go try to fill it. I have a bull and a calf in the freezer now but one more wouldn't hurt, besides I have some friends and family who would love to have some elk also.

As for pics, my brother video taped the entire hunt, but I haven't had a chance to get any of the pics onto my laptop yet. When I do I'll post some on here for all to see and drool over.LOL

Semper Fi