Just Put up the trail cam...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Put up the trail cam...

Just Put up the trail cam...

Threw it up last night. Not sure if it will show anything, but I am very curious to see if it does. This is my first time using one of these. Good ammount of tracks and spore so hopefully it goes well. If not, oh well was fun. Anyone have good luck using cams?

-Capo-
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Not me personally, but everyone I know that uses one catches all sorts of animals on them.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Just got one but have not put it up yet. Got it to catch a thief but will use it on game afterwards--that is if I am not in jail for "buford purser"ing (walking tall) the perp.

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Just got one but have not put it up yet. Got it to catch a thief but will use it on game afterwards--that is if I am not in jail for "buford purser"ing (walking tall) the perp.
    You may wish to put your game cam in stealth mode. The "thief" may walk off with your cam.

I was thinking that these types of cameras could be used as a cheap way to monitor against a theif. I am going to leave it out there for about a week to see what it captures and also to see if the angel is right and so on. I think I have it in a good spot, this is definatly the area I want to hunt, so it will tell me if its a good pick.

-Capo-

Trail Cams are great... But have had a couple stolen thanks to poachers driving around our property at night and seeing the flash go off.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_Hawg View Post
    Trail Cams are great... But have had a couple stolen thanks to poachers driving around our property at night and seeing the flash go off.
    I hear that happens alot. I bought a bracket that locks to the tree, we will see how that does. If someone wants it bad enough, the lock won't stop them. I can't wait to see what comes up (if anything) on this camera.

Just an update. Checked the cam on Saturday (left it up for 5 days). Had a picture of a doe on there, not bad for my first time using one of these things. Lots of droppings in this area so not sure if the camera missed some or if I just missed them last time I looked. Put down some corn and will leave the camera for 2 weeks this time. Will let you guys know if anything shows up.

-Capo-

What my trail cam caught

East Texas Deer

nice

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_Hawg View Post
    East Texas Deer
    Nice buck. Hopefully you can get him to show up during daylight. My father in law is taking the camper up to the lease this weekend. Hopefully we will have some pics to post next week from one of the 4 cams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast