What's your favorite Whitetail rifle caliber? Why?

View Poll Results: Favorite Whitetail caliber? As many as you want.

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

2 7.41%

1 3.70%
  • .25-06

2 7.41%
  • 250 Savage

0 0%

4 14.81%
  • 7mm Win Mag

1 3.70%
  • 7x57 Mauser

2 7.41%
  • 8mm Mauser

0 0%
  • .30-30

6 22.22%
  • 300 Savage

1 3.70%
  • .308 Win

6 22.22%
  • .300 Win Mag

0 0%
  • .30-06

9 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Whitetail rifle caliber? Why?

What's your favorite Whitetail rifle caliber? Why?

What's your favorite Whitetail caliber? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

30.06, partly because it's what I have. I also have a .303 British I like but it was not a choice. Both shoot well to any common hunting distance and both are capable long range calibers. Plus they also perform well on large wild hogs.

YMOS,
    Tony
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt May 13, 1903

Overkill, of course, but my favorite deer rifle is a Parker Hale surplus conversion German mauser in .308 Norma Magnum. I prefer it because it is so accurate and I have learned all of its range variations. I live in NY state and have shot a deer here at further than 40 yards only once. When I was stationed in Texas I did shoot a deer at 425 to 450 yards with the rifle. (I don't advocate doing that unless you have practiced with your rifle and understand the ballistics.) All but one deer was one shot. Most dropped in their tracks.

I have also used 30-30, 30-06, 35Rem, 12 ga, and 45-70.

I'm too old to stomp around the woods now, but I love my memories

I would have to say My Weatherby .300 Mag The area where I hunt is Sorrounded by long open fields.Averageing 300 yards long by 100 yards wide. I also use my Contender handgun Chambered in .356 Winchester.both have no problem getting the job done.

50 Action Express

7. Gulf, Was that round chambered for a rifle as well? I know the Desert Eagle was the first Hand gun to chamber the .50 AE.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

8. Gulf, Was that round chambered for a rifle as well? I know the Desert Eagle was the first Hand cannon to chamber the .50 AE.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

30-30. I'm just a Marlin, lever gun fan. Plain and simple.
    ~ Bill

There is a 50AE conversion kit for an AR-15 rifle. Also one custom gunsmith does a 50AE conversion of the M-1 Carbine.

300 H&H. My favorite for deer, elk, or whatever I am after.
    Say when.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast