dumping deer on highway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dumping deer on highway

dumping deer on highway

My local news station just mentioned that here in NC some hunters seem to dump deer carcasses on the Interstates/Highways, why would any hunter do that?

I wonder how they have proof that legitimate deer hunters are doing that.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

I suspect they know because of the entry and exit holes in the deer. Pretty sure the deer refused to make a statement on the issue.

I am not surprised at the local news report. I've seen deer carcasses where only the hindquarters and the tenderloin were taken. The rest of the deer was discarded.

Quote Originally Posted by cmhbob View Post
    I wonder how they have proof that legitimate deer hunters are doing that.
    I marked the pertinent word there. Hunters wouldn't do that. Poachers would. They are not the same thing.

And does North Carolina regularly necropsy every dead animal on the side of the road? Are they that flush with cash that they can take the time to examine every dead animal and look for conclusive entry and/or exit wounds?
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Well, I do not know whether hunters, poachers or bears dump the deer on the highway, that is correct. But why would anybody do that to begin with?

News media often confuse "hunters" and "poachers". I would think that it's more likely that "poachers" are responsible for dumping the deer on the roadside.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

A carcass is a pretty big thing to get rid of if you butcher your own deer. A poacher is more likely to just take the antlers or meat they want and leave the rest at the poaching site. This is most likely a lazy hunter that didn't want to pay for it to be butchered that thinks the state road crews should clean up his mess.

How disgusting!.......
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    At any rate, there is no doubt that ANY negative news story remotely involving firearms is going to be shown and reshown by most network news, local or otherwise. As long as the media can show a negativity and placard the words "hunter", "hunting", "gun", "gun", "rifle", "firearm", etc with the negativity they are all the more willing. This is the central point, I'd think...
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast