Found a flatbow, don't know what to do with it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a flatbow, don't know what to do with it

Blog Entries

I went to a redneck thingamajig yesterday where I stuck out like a sore thumb. On the way there, I found a flatbow on the road. It's made of fiberglass and has no string. Does anybody know anything about this bow? I'd like to string it and try it out, but there's no markings on it and I'm assuming that whatever I obtain for it will probably not be compatible.

Can you post a picture?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

You're probably going to have to take it to an archery shop and have a string custom made. That is unless you have a string jig. Also if its a recurve or has removable limbs you'll need to make sure they're not twisted before you shoot it. Also you will want to have the limbs checked for spider cracks to ensure its safe to shoot. There is usually a marking on the inside of the lower limb that denotes the draw weight and manufacturer. If nothing there then I'd take it to a pro and have them give it a once over.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Definitely get it tested before use.
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Can you post a picture?
    Not for a bit. My ipad charger is broken and I haven't seen my canon in a looong time. For now it's just sitting in my office.

It should have two numbers on the belly of the lower limb. These will the AMO length for the string and the weight of pull at 28". With these two numbers you can buy a bowstring at most good outdoor stores or order online. Should not be over $14 or so for a good one. Congrats, take up another sport.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog View Post
    It should have two numbers on the belly of the lower limb. These will the AMO length for the string and the weight of pull at 28". With these two numbers you can buy a bowstring at most good outdoor stores or order online. Should not be over $14 or so for a good one. Congrats, take up another sport.
    I looked thoroughly, but no markings. Also, some damage. Maybe a no go? No idea how these work. Measures out to 64 inches. Found a flatbow, don't know what to do with it-image.jpgFound a flatbow, don't know what to do with it-image.jpg

This might fit the bill Dacron Longbow String : Cabela's

The damage at the notch is probably fine. Just sand it smooth.

I would however go easy the first few draws.

Blog Entries
    Thanks! Maybe I'll just go in to Cabela's next week when I, errr...my kids go to Lowes for the toy making clinic.

11. Looks very good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast