What do you hunt? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you hunt?

I'm getting excited! Deer season almost over. Be able to start hunting Coyotes full time. In my area can not carry a rifle in field during any open deer season. Mid Oct - Mid Dec.

Coyotes are very challenging. The small picture was a 270 yd shot with the AR she was out on ice quartering away. 1st shot was a little hi (I think) and just in front of her, she was moving so I lead her about 6-8 inches. She stopped and turned head 2nd shot in her left ear. Never twitched. (not tell anybody I at work when shot was presented hence no camo). I have a good job!

Most Coyote shots are 100 yds or less and running AR15 is gun of choice here for me, others like shotgun with buckshot, but we use dogs to run them Use GPS tracking on dogs so we can stay in front of them. I also carry 22-250 in P/U for long range standing shots. These are very rare occurrences.
    Harvey Proud to be American, NRA Endowment, NYS Rifle Pistol, US Army Ret

PALIN 2012

Well I've been a hunter for two days and have shot 2 deer and a turkey. I think I'd shoot anything I'd plan on eating as long as it was legal and in season of course. I think I've got a bit of buck fever because I've been looking at rifles, bows, hunting gear, etc all morning. I just ordered a 5 round bushmaster mag for my AR and some Federal 65 grain 223 rounds so I can take that out with me next time.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Deer season over in NYS! AR in pickup this am snow slop and rain also. Brothers dogs ready to go. We do not eat em but Coyotes are one of the tuffest quarries to get. They are not moving today. So i not take time off today. But tomorrow look good.
    Harvey Proud to be American, NRA Endowment, NYS Rifle Pistol, US Army Ret

PALIN 2012

I hunt 2 legged Doe! Thier in season all year round, and there is no limit.
    If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.
    Ted Nugent

boyzoi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes0hemi View Post
    hmmmm.....well....oh nevermind there are ladies on the site

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes0hemi View Post
    They might be in season year 'round, but there is a definite limit once one catches you.

AS my screen name implies, I live to hunt Elk. I spend at least a week every year out in the woods in pursuit of them, as a matter of fact I am taking my son out again this weekend to try to fill his cow tag. I attached a pic of my son's first bull from 2 years ago. I took a smaller 5x5 two days later. His made mine look pretty small though so it is much more fun to show his off. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12