My second buck - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My second buck

Nice Deer! That guy's got some MEGA mass.....did you find out how old he was?
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

wolfhunter Guest
    Pascal,
    No, I didn't find out how old he was, but we've caught him (or at least we think it was him) on camera several times over the last three years. The herd can prove me wrong by trotting his double out next weekend. I won't mind.

wolfhunter Guest
    Well, it wasn't his double, but this nice 130 pounder crossed the creek behind me, walked up to the tree I was sitting in, turned and walked out of the brush, giving me a decent shot at 15 yards.

Attachment 305

My brother-in-law says I can't shoot anymore this year. Why would he say that?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    ~~ My brother-in-law says I can't shoot anymore this year~~
    Deer-Wolfhunter... Nice, but I have to agree with the BIL... Unless you want to give away those backstraps....

BYW.. How long is your seasons down there?
    Last edited by ricbak; 01-25-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: opps.... spelllllliiingg
    Semper Fi

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Deer-Wolfhunter... Nice, but I have to agree with the BIL... Unless you want to give away those backstraps....

BYW.. How long is your seasons down there?
    General gun and muzzleloading combined, my hunting season runs Nov. 23 basically through March 1. There are some closed days, but that sums it up. The deer just hit rut around here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123