My second buck
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My second buck

wolfhunter Guest

My second buck

Today I went out for a morning deer hunt. Sunrise was at 6:57, so I was in my stand and ready at 6. At about 7, a "parade" of 12 does entered the clearing from uphill, headed towards a nearby creek. Beautiful sight, but nothing to shoot at.
    At 8, another doe walked out from the same area as the others. But she was followed by the biggest buck we've seen on this property in years. The doe started back into the wooded patch she'd been in. I was afraid of losing this buck, so I took a less than optimal shot with the buck facing me. He tipped the scale at 180, and his 7 point rack is 4 inches around at each base.

Sounds like some good eating coming up.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Sounds like some good eating coming up.
    Yep, my B-I-L, his son, a friend and I have each taken a deer this year, and we share. Good eats for sure.

Thumbs up Nicely Done!

Very Nicely Done... A good Venison Steak, Eggs, Potatoes and Coffee is hard to beat!
    Semper Fi

Congratulations! Will you be posting some pictures any time soon?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

sound's like a real nice buck, weight and rack. very nice job enjoy.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Definitely cause for celebration!

wolfhunter Guest
    Tat- as soon as I get them from my brother in law.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Definitely cause for celebration!
    Yes, Ma'am God Idea, We can get Wolfhunter and his B-I-L to bring Steaks, And Tatted to bring Cookies, Cakes and Stuff from Yesterdays Celebration suggestions, we can truely party hardy.
    Semper Fi

Feb Field & Stream

Wolfhunter...
    My Feb 2k9, Field & Stream is in and there is a what looks to be a good Blackened Venison Steak Recipe. Check it out...
    Last edited by ricbak; 01-11-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Speeeelinnnng
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast