5 coyotes taken with thermal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 coyotes taken with thermal

1. 5 coyotes taken with thermal

Video below.
    Landowner texted me a couple weeks ago with a coyote problem. Made it out last Saturday night and got 5. Recovered 4, but knew the unrecovered one was dead (4th one from his video-- u can see him spurting blood running and get wobbly and then fall over- found him last night after shooting/recovering another one).
    12.5" ARP 6.8 spc from eric at Blackstone arms. Reap-ir thermal from Cliff at third coast thermal Sig 762 titanium QD can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're really good at this.

Did you need to bait them? Or were they easy to locate from their yelping and howling?

4. Thanks, I opened a bucket of soured corn/rotten food that I think had em comin in. But I also used a rabbit in distress hand call a little. I used the hand call while watching the bobcat and then scanned with the thermal in the opposite direction and that last coyote came running in. I've also killed 8-10 hogs out there the past month so there are pig carcasses that have probably been drawing them to the area for a good few weeks now also.

The various canines, and the bears and pigs, have a strong sense of smell. So baiting them apparently works really well to attract them.
    Good shooting.

6. Thank you, sir!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Is there a bounty on the pelts where you are? Not sure if that still happens, but many years ago in WA State we were gettin' $75 bucks a pelt for 'em from the local dairy and cattle ranchers association.

Thanks for taking us with you on the hunt. Impressive skills (and gear) you have there.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

This message is hidden because BluesStringer is on your ignore list.

9. Thank you

Great shooting, which gun is that?

Blog Entries
    Great video and shooting. How far out were the coyotes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast