Illinois House Bill 148, the Family and Personal Protection Act
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illinois House Bill 148, the Family and Personal Protection Act

1. Illinois House Bill 148, the Family and Personal Protection Act

Guys

House Bill 148, “ The Family and Personal Protection Act” (right to carry) is up for the 3rd Reading in the Illinois House this week.

It now has 38 co-sponsors and it appears that there are more than 71 committed votes. “71” is important because that is the super majority that is required to make the Bill veto proof and also prevents the City of Chicago from suing to eliminate the “no exemptions” clause which prevents home rule communities from passing an ordinance barring concealed carry.

All of us that are involved in pushing this through, need your help.

This is not the time to sit on the sidelines and say “it’s never going to happen, why bother?”

The fact is we are close. very close. Here's a link to the actual Bill:

Illinois House Bill 148

If you have ever been at the scene of a great tragedy, car wreck, house fire, or maybe a tornado, there are always people who rush in and do what is necessary to help the victims until help arrives.

There are others who stand on the sidelines watching in stoic silence while still others wring their hands in anguish and ask why no one is doing anything.

That’s the situation that we are in right now.

Each of you needs to decide who you are and what role you are going to take.

If you believe in the 2nd Amendment guaranteed right to keep and bear arms, now is the time to come to our aid.

We need you to stop standing on the sidelines and stop wishing for someone to do something.

Call your State Representative and State Senator and tell them that you want to them to co-sponsor House Bill 148 and vote in favor of it.

If you do not know who your Representative or Senator is, follow this link:

District/Official Search - By Address

Forward this message to as many of your friends who live in Illinois as possible.

Ask your friends to forward it their Illinois contacts.

Now, right now, this is the time for all of us to stand up and start taking back our State from the politicians who think they are rulers, not representatives of the people. __________________
    Bud
    Bud
    A law abiding citizen of Illinois is a disarmed target waiting to become a victim

Can Todd verify this Bud?
    CERTIFIED NRA INSTRUCTOR:
    PISTOL | RIFLE | SHOTGUN | PERSONAL PROTECTION I/O

4. Can Todd verify..................what?

I speak to him a lot if you're talking about Todd Vandermyde, the NRA-ILA lobbyist for Illinois.

What would you like him to verify? Is there a House Bill 148? follow the link Is it up for the third reading? follow the link Is there 38 sponsors? follow the link

what are you asking?
    Bud
    A law abiding citizen of Illinois is a disarmed target waiting to become a victim

and here is a link to the Illinois General Assembly web site that lists the bill, sponsers, and action taken on HB0148
    Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB0148

Is there any way of finding out who the 71 committed votes are? I would like to know how hard I need to press my rep.

+1

@bud the more than 70..but I guess DeanT asked a more clarified & better question that I meant too
    CERTIFIED NRA INSTRUCTOR:
    PISTOL | RIFLE | SHOTGUN | PERSONAL PROTECTION I/O

8. Quote Originally Posted by DeanT View Post
    Is there any way of finding out who the 71 committed votes are? I would like to know how hard I need to press my rep.
    We all, each and every one of us,, need to push our Reps very hard, whether they are committed already or not.

Daley/Emmanuel are pushing hard to get Dems to vote against this Bill.
    Bud

We need to know if our rep is committed or not so we know how to approach them. Going in like gangbusters if they are already committed might turn them off.
    If we already knew they were committed we could start out by thanking them for their support of this bill and let them know we back them 100%.

10. "If we already knew they were committed we could start out by thanking them for their support of this bill and let them know we back them 100%. "

Well, good luck with that.

The folks running the push are not going to expose who the Reps that will be voting in favor are because then the antis will know.

Do like the rest of us do, why don't you call your Rep or email him/her and ask if they are supporting 148 and also ask them to join as a co-sponsor.

Ome of the reasons we are in so much trouble in Illinois is because too many of us treat Reps and Senators as if they are God like instead of the elected servants of the people they really are. I suggest you call your Rep and tell him or her that you support HB 148 and want them to support it.

If they get turned off by your passion in supporting a fundemental right as guaranteed by the US Constitution and confirmed by the US Supreme Court then I suggest you actively campaign to put an American in office and get rid of the person who has sworn an oath to uphold and support the US Constitution and is instead attempting to deny your rights.

Illinois belongs to the American citizens that live there, not the political lackeys of the Chicago machine. As i said in my original post:

Now, right now, this is the time for all of us to stand up and start taking back our State from the politicians who think they are rulers, not representatives of the people. __________________
    Bud

yes we need 71 or more votes... the bill pre-empts home rule which is an automatic super majority needed...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast