For Illinois Residents; Concealed carry in Illinois - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For Illinois Residents; Concealed carry in Illinois

If all the law abiding people in your part of the hole can upped and go, move! As long as the Daleys and his ilks are around, it is a long hard road to get ANY laws passed that will benefit you. Think of it like, "living in the hood" as some here has phrased it -- you plan to only stay there until you can get out.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Sometimes a man just has to move. Even if it somehow sqeaks through the gov will veto it and it will die. I loved visiting Chicago before I got my ccw but now I wont go there on principle. I hated living in Kansas City, Missouri because of the corrupt nature of the city and the state; so I moved to Kansas, which is a free state. Kansas isn't for everybody, no one place is, but there is a point where a man has to make the tough choice. Sometimes the grass is actually greener somewhere else. Born in Utah, raised amoungst wolves in missouri, Kansan by grace of God.

Hubby was born and raised in Kansas (Riley), just a small town. I love some part of Kansas we've visited but live there? -- yes, the grass has always to be greener on the other side. I proposed Thanksgiving next year to be in Kansas -- many of my husband's rellies still live there.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Palease sign this! Important!

Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    well gosharootie and shucksandbygollie!

sorry I offended you!
    Read some of the posts in this section and all the whining and wrong information being put out and then try and understand my frustration with people whining here when they could be helping there.

As far as visiting Illinois? Don't bother! Our Governor (one of the few remaining not already in jail or out on parole) doesn't want tourists or even any new businesses starting up so stay out west.

Economic Justice Petition: Allow Illinois to Carry: Allow the people of Illinois to carry a concealed weapon on them. | Change.org
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

6. Please forgive my ignorance, but what I don't understand is why they are so against it? Places like Chicago, las Angeles and new York are scary ass places to live yet its impossible or near impossible to carry there and I just don't get it. Criminals don't carry legally so what is the reasoning behind stopping decent Americans from protecting themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Criminals don't carry legally so what is the reasoning behind stopping decent Americans from protecting themselves?
    There is no such reasoning. All gun control laws are based on the idea that a person undeterred by laws against murder will be deterred by laws against possession of a firearm.

I am a resident of Illinois, and it is frustrating the government won't let the CCW law cannot get passed. Keep hoping someday. I did get a CCW permit from another state, but it is useless in Illinois.

Have patience Illinois. Here in Wisconsin, I live just 4 miles north of Ill/Wi border, it took years to get the law changed. I went to CC rallies in the early 90`s to fight for the right. Wisconsin passed the legislation for CC in the 90`s, but the Governor (Mr. Doyle) vetoed the law, and his democrat allies backed off, and would not over ride his veto, even after letters from myself and thousands of Wisconsin citizens. We got a new Governor in Nov 2010, and one of the first things he did was sign the CC law as soon as it passed. He is now up for a recall election, and I will support him once again. What he did to warrant a recall had to be done, but it brought out a lot of hate. I think the Illinois residents are close to getting your CC. The ruling in Moore vs Madigan case in Federal District Court of Central Illinois by Susan Myerscough (a 2011 Obama appointee) was wrong. If they can get the case to the Supreme Court before President Barack Hussein Obama can make another Supreme Court nominee, and confirmed by the Democatic controlled Senate you will be CC state 50. You can say they saved the best for last. If Mr Obama gets a second term, and can appoint more justices, I doubt if CC will make it to Illinois, and 49 states stand to lose CC rights. Hang in there, and continue the fight.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Thanks Budman. ALL help is much appreciated. It's coming, who knows when and I am sure the first law won't be a good one, but it is coming. Recently a couple of incidents that could be set-backs, but I still think it's coming. There are enough gun owners in Illinois, if they would unite. It is extremely difficult to get people off the couch and do something. Keep plugging.
    Most rights are not taken outright but rather wilt away due to complacency

Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    oh, puLEEZE help us get concealed carry passed in illinois, PULEAZEEE!!!!!!

not my style. I could sit back and say, "got mine" too but I'm not.

There are five dead women in Tinley Park who were executed in a robbery because they couldn't defend themselves and cops still don't have a clue who did it and that was two years ago.

Sixty-four Chicago Public School students have been shot or killed since school started and this is only Nov ember. The thugs and criminals own the streets of Chicago and Forbes magazine lists Springfield, the capitol of Illinois, as the third most dangerous city to live in America.

Last weekend, two people were shot dead in Chicago and another seventeen wounded and not one single shooter is in custody.

People are dying in Illinois because they cannot defend themselves and the State legislatature is insuring that the good citizens are continuing to be the victims. The concealed carry prohibition was passed for racial reasons right after the 1968 riots by the Daley regime. I live in a State full of corrupt politicians and the only reason they get away with it is because the good people all stand around wringing their hands hoping that somebody will do something.

It is time to take back the State and concealed carry is a great place to start.

Interstoing that no one from Illinois has commented, eh?
    What he said. Illinois State Rifle Association

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast