For Illinois Residents; Concealed carry in Illinois - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For Illinois Residents; Concealed carry in Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance, but what I don't understand is why they are so against it? Places like Chicago, las Angeles and new York are scary ass places to live yet its impossible or near impossible to carry there and I just don't get it. Criminals don't carry legally so what is the reasoning behind stopping decent Americans from protecting themselves?
    It's about CONTROL.
    Sgt. U.S.M.C. 1964-1968

Yup. It's not about safety, reducing crime, especially in Chicago, it's not about ALL of the accidents they rave about, it IS about control. Years ago the Chicago mobsters dropped their guns and picked up ties, and they are still there in the government. Many good people up there support CCW, but the rulers say no, so it's no, for the entire state too.
    It's an ongoing battle and cracks are beginning to show. Some say leave, move someplace else. Nice if you do that for you, but I'm staying and fighting, at least for now. IGOLD every year and I try to get new people every year.
    Most rights are not taken outright but rather wilt away due to complacency

I'm still trying to figure out what you said that could possibly be taken as offensive !!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what you said that could possibly be taken as offensive !!!
    For me it was that he expects me to fight to get my CCW when he got his for FREE due to his former job. I understand that rights often need to be fought for, but being urged on by someone who didn't have to fight is a bit galling.

On the other hand, if Chicago eats itself alive, as it seems to be doing, maybe it will take the Gun-Haters down with it.

IL & Chicago already have CC, it's reserved for criminals & LEOs though, law abiding need not apply.

7. For Illinois Residents; Concealed carry in Illinois

Well I am from this god forsaken state and am ready to fight. I have participated In IGOLD and will continue to participate. Now I know that is not enough so I also write and call my Senator and Rep to voice my opinion but feel it may fall on deaf ears. The Chicago fellowship of politicians seem to be able to counteract our efforts and there doesn't seem to be enough people with a backbone to vote them out Ido not live in the city or Cook County so what's next?

Stay Safe Always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. For Illinois Residents; Concealed carry in Illinois

I'm surprised that no one has posted here the fact that the State of Illinois has been ordered by a Federal Court to rewrite its Concealed Carry Law within 180 days. This tells me that by May or June all of Illinois will be able to apply.
    Can't wait!!

Stay Safe Always

9. You're kidding, right?! Do you REALLY think the Illinois criminal-run government is going to rollover and give up, and just issue permits?! All 180 days does is give them time to fight it, and/or figure out how to write the laws so that practically NO ONE (if ANYONE!) gets a license. All they have to do is impose ridiculous restrictions, charge exorbitant fees, etc. It's certainly not going to be "Shall Issue". Remember, it's Illinois, and no one tells them what to do. I wish it wasn't so, but then again, I wish that I'd win the lottery, and that has yet to happen.

10. For Illinois Residents; Concealed carry in Illinois

Well I want to be positive about it. Stranger things have happened and if there is even the slightest possibility, I'm going to be prepared. The only other alternative is to move out of state.

Stay Safe Always

11. You folks break me up.

With absolutely no knowledge other than what you rread in the main stream media 9like they're aleways truthful, right?) you come up with this whining nonsence.

Concealed caryy, "shall issue" is a done deal in Illinois. The IL General Assembly was given a chance to pass it last year and failed to do so. Now the court has ordered it and we have all the votes we need in both the I:L House and Senate and more than emnough to over roide a veto by that moron Quinn.

If you want to learn the truth about what is happening, find out what the bill actually says and be part of the solution rather part of the whiners, then join us on Illinois Carry. Illinois Carry has been leading the fight for more than eight years. We are winning and noiw is the time for all of us to come together and get this done.

And when it is done? then we are going after the FOID, the waiting periods, and getting rid of the no NFA devices and weapons statues.

Illinois Carry - A Website Dedicated To Advancing Conceal Carry For Illinois
    Bud
    A law abiding citizen of Illinois is a disarmed target waiting to become a victim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast