Illinois Showdown looms on gun control - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Illinois Showdown looms on gun control

1. I think the money the state will make off of it they have to and the law enforcement is all for it do to the crime rate.

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Mannard, the gun control advocate, counters: "We haven't seen mayhem in the street that doesn't mean the potential isn't there."

Mannard, of the gun-control group, says that argument clashes with common sense. "If I'm walking down the street, and the neighbor across the street is carrying a loaded 9 millimeter with a 15-round clip, that doesn't make me feel safer."

Source: STLToday
    Mr. Mannard needs to face facts.

1. Carrying a gun in Chicago has been illegal for a long time. Yet every month there are more gun related deaths from illegal firearms by convicted criminals than in the same period in war-torn Iraq.

2. Mr. Mannard may change his opinion if faced with a real situation. If he's shopping in a mall and some crazy enters and begins killing innocent people, that law abiding citizen carrying his 9mm may stop the lunatic before he exacts a high death toll. Perhaps Mr. Mannard can hide behind him.

My father always said, "When it comes to gun control, the difference between a liberal and a deliberate law abiding citizen is ONE GOOD MUGGING OR HIS DAUGHTER'S RAPE!"
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123