Concealed carry while consuming alcohol? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry while consuming alcohol?

1. Just because you can doesn't make it right or safe!!

The Second Amendment protects All Rights!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff martin View Post
    I only drink at home and very little at that!! Maybe you have the drinking problem!! I'm 56 yrs old and I've witnessed many people change after just a few drinks!!
    it is well know that people who drink alone at home are the ones who usually have drinking disorders.

4. There sure are some mean spirited people on this thread!!

Just because you can doesn't make it right or safe!!

That's that same lame logic the anti gunners use against anyone carrying at any time.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I only drink at home and very little at that!! Maybe you have the drinking problem!! I'm 56 yrs old and I've witnessed many people change after just a few drinks!!

Like I said, you seem to like to project your inadequacies onto other people.

If someone can't trust themselves to carry at a bac of 0.01 to 0.08, I don't trust them to carry at 0.00.

“One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

There sure are some mean spirited people on this thread!!
    really?? and how do you feel about people who try to force their morals or simplistic ideas upon others?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    I'm going to assume you have case law examples to back this up right?

As for drinking and carrying in and of itself I guess I got brainwashed early on by NRA hunter safety, I don't do it.
    You must be a lawyer or lawyer wannabe. No case law, just the laws of common sense and having lived 60 years without getting my ass in a sling yet. Try to imagine how the George Zimmerman trial would've turned out had he some booze in him. If you think that wouldn't have mattered, come back and tell me that in another 30 years after your common sense kicks in. To be fair, I was young once and more prone to making stupid decisions, but then I got older........ and I don't really want to be anyone's test case, so I just do what seems common sense to me and then I don't have to worry about if the law allows it or not. I just don't drink, except if I know I'm staying at home. The same reason I don't drink and drive a car.
    "Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
    NRA Life member
    GOA Life Member

You went from a general question to a specific situation, to which I ask, can't you go a couple hours without alcohol in order to keep yourself and family properly protected??

I have no idea who you are replying to here, but in case it's to my previous post about wanting a glass of wine on an anniversary dinner while being able to carry and protect my family, you apparently didn't read the whole thing. I clearly stated I do, in fact, go without any drinking. And yes, I went to a specific situation where I would like the opportunity to drink a glass of wine while carrying, one where I know I could be safe. I am very good at staying within my limits, as I have always absolutely hated being drunk.

Your quote says "The Second Amendment protects All Rights!!," but you seem to think we should lose this one if we wish to have even minuscule amounts of alcohol.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by lostinataxi View Post
    You must be a lawyer or lawyer wannabe. No case law, just the laws of common sense and having lived 60 years without getting my ass in a sling yet. Try to imagine how the George Zimmerman trial would've turned out had he some booze in him. If you think that wouldn't have mattered, come back and tell me that in another 30 years after your common sense kicks in. To be fair, I was young once and more prone to making stupid decisions, but then I got older........ and I don't really want to be anyone's test case, so I just do what seems common sense to me and then I don't have to worry about if the law allows it or not. I just don't drink, except if I know I'm staying at home. The same reason I don't drink and drive a car.
    Your opinion is your opinion, not common sense.

If you think you know what would happen in a hypothetical situation with complete certainty you have a skill you are wasting away here.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinataxi View Post
    how would it have gone for zimmerman if he was unarmed?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast