Concealed carry while consuming alcohol? - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry while consuming alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    how would it have gone for zimmerman if he was unarmed?
    I have no idea, but as I've mentioned before, if I need to drink I'm not outside the house. Did you notice that is what I said or not read that far?
    "Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
    NRA Life member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Your opinion is your opinion, not common sense.

If you think you know what would happen in a hypothetical situation with complete certainty you have a skill you are wasting away here.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    Well then, why are you any different than I am then? I believe it's common sense stuff, you don't agree with me. Big deal. We both do as we want and have to live or die with the results. I happen to think I have a decent chance of survival if I drink and stay in my house is all. To me that is just common sense. If it isn't to you then that's fine with me.
    NRA Life member
    GOA Life Member

4. Quote Originally Posted by lostinataxi View Post
    Try to imagine how the George Zimmerman trial would've turned out had he some booze in him.
    Not a lawyer, don't even play one on the internet. Peanut/ Soybean farmer with a B.A. in Agribusiness.

See that third word in your post? it's an awful big word
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

5. Quote Originally Posted by lostinataxi View Post
    You must be a lawyer or lawyer wannabe.
    Why must he be a lawyer? He was just asking you to back your theory up with factual evidence. We've seen your same opinion expressed over and over again on the internet and nobody has been able to provide any evidence of it every being anything more than conjecture. Like open carry makes you and target and you will get shot first. I am double screwed when I eat dinner out because according to the theories when I open carry in my normal life, which includes routinely eating out once a month or so, having a couple of beers with dinner and continuing to open carry as I normally do...I should not only being getting shot at because of my gun, but also I should be losing in court when it will surely happen...according to the theories.

Where do we draw the "what-if" lines in our life? There are more documented cases of people getting killed with flower pots than some of the theories expressed on these threads. So what are you going to do to prevent yourself from getting killed with a flower pot?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Why must he be a lawyer? He was just asking you to back your theory up with factual evidence. We've seen your same opinion expressed over and over again on the internet and nobody has been able to provide any evidence of it every being anything more than conjecture. Like open carry makes you and target and you will get shot first. I am double screwed when I eat dinner out because according to the theories when I open carry in my normal life, which includes routinely eating out once a month or so, having a couple of beers with dinner and continuing to open carry as I normally do...I should not only being getting shot at because of my gun, but also I should be losing in court when it will surely happen...according to the theories.

Where do we draw the "what-if" lines in our life? There are more documented cases of people getting killed with flower pots than some of the theories expressed on these threads. So what are you going to do to prevent yourself from getting killed with a flower pot?
    We can't prove our theories. There would have to be a test case for that. I don't want to be that test case. I'm not saying anyone should substitute my own judgement for their own. I don't have a need to be right. I am just commenting on my own beliefs. I like to reduce my risks of losing my freedom to live in society. I know for sure that if something bad were to happen and the libs who seem to own the courts, at least where I live, were to get wind that there was booze in me at the time, my future would most likely be toast. It's not a certainty, but it's a good bet. I also know for sure they can't use that against me if I choose to NOT have booze in me. That's all I'm saying here. Again, I don't expect everyone to substitute my decisions for their own. I really don't. If anyone got that impression, then I just want to clear this up now.
    NRA Life member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Not a lawyer, don't even play one on the internet. Peanut/ Soybean farmer with a B.A. in Agribusiness.

See that third word in your post? it's an awful big word
    I just thought that sounded like something a lawyer might say is all. I am not a lawyer either, but I confess I do tend to think like one in the sense that I try to imagine what the worst case scenario might be in any decision and then a make decisions based on that. I'm often accused of over thinking things, but then I've managed to stay out of jail all these years so I suppose part of that is just dumb luck and part of it is how I make decisions. I was more likely to not think about things too much when I was a young man, I have to admit, which is where the dumb luck part came in....... Now that I'm older, I'm more uncomfortable pushing my luck I guess.
    NRA Life member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by lostinataxi View Post
    I have no idea, but as I've mentioned before, if I need to drink I'm not outside the house. Did you notice that is what I said or not read that far?
    but you KNOW what would happen if he did have a beer before being attacked by the thug

Quote Originally Posted by lostinataxi View Post
    We can't prove our theories. There would have to be a test case for that. I don't want to be that test case. I'm not saying anyone should substitute my own judgement for their own. I don't have a need to be right. I am just commenting on my own beliefs. I like to reduce my risks of losing my freedom to live in society. I know for sure that if something bad were to happen and the libs who seem to own the courts, at least where I live, were to get wind that there was booze in me at the time, my future would most likely be toast. It's not a certainty, but it's a good bet. I also know for sure they can't use that against me if I choose to NOT have booze in me. That's all I'm saying here. Again, I don't expect everyone to substitute my decisions for their own. I really don't. If anyone got that impression, then I just want to clear this up now.
    What happens if you are at home, drinking when there is a home invasion at your house?
    How does "booze" play out then?

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    What happens if you are at home, drinking when there is a home invasion at your house?
    How does "booze" play out then?

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    Gee, I don't know, but chances might be better that the prosecutor and jury would be more sympathetic to me since I'd have been in my own home. What do you think?
    NRA Life member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    but you KNOW what would happen if he did have a beer before being attacked by the thug
    No way to know for sure, but if you are someone who can see around corners, you might avoid it yourself. I just like to reduce my risk of being in jail is all. Again, you and anyone else don't have to think like I do, it's ok with me. I don't know why this has turned into a pissing contest with everyone trying to get others to agree with them. I'm not trying to do that. I just said what I do in my life. No one else has to agree and I'm fine with it. Really I am.
    NRA Life member
    GOA Life Member

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast