asp ok? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: asp ok?

1. Prepare for a caning!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I carry a cane most of the time because of a recurring problem. Coincidentally, my cane bears a strong resemblence to the 34" riot baton I trained with in the Phillipines, except for a club-like head for better grip and support. Oh, unlike the Asp, the cane goes on the plane with me.
    If I remember correctly Cold Steel makes a heavy duty cane that is a very good weapon and at a very reasonable price. Take a look on thier web site for another self defense option. No license required.

3. Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I carry a cane most of the time because of a recurring problem. Coincidentally, my cane bears a strong resemblence to the 34" riot baton I trained with in the Phillipines, except for a club-like head for better grip and support. Oh, unlike the Asp, the cane goes on the plane with me.
    If I remember correctly Cold Steel make a cane that is a very effective weapon at a very reasonable price. Check thier website for yet another option for practicle self defense. No license required.

Quote Originally Posted by apsjiml View Post
    can you carry an asp in indiana? is there training. does you permit cover it, if so website link
    Welcome to USA Carry, aspjiml.

As for the answer to your question, I'm not aware of any law that prohibits the carrying of collapsible batons. However, if you do decide to carry one, you should get trained in the use of it.

5. Asp ok?

Magisdttrate,I enjoy your posts as you are real andw ell-spoken. In Arizona, the police consider a civilian with a baton or using any item as a baton to be in possession of a deadly weapon. They feel only police should have batons. When I was a reserve, I carried a side handle baton and nothing was said. As soon as I got on the payroll, I was limited to a straight baton until six months later when the department got us trained in the side handle. I don't know what Washington's laws are, but I do know I cannot carry my sword cane in Washington, as the card is a Concealed Pistol License. Arizona has a concealed Weapon Permit that doesn't hav ethe word firearm anywhere on it, and my CCW instructor said the CCW permit covered the sword cane as I am disable and need a cane to walk. I would prefer to use a sword cane than a pistol, but I gotta play by Washington's rules.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    Magisdttrate,I enjoy your posts as you are real andw ell-spoken. In Arizona, the police consider a civilian with a baton or using any item as a baton to be in possession of a deadly weapon. They feel only police should have batons. When I was a reserve, I carried a side handle baton and nothing was said. As soon as I got on the payroll, I was limited to a straight baton until six months later when the department got us trained in the side handle. I don't know what Washington's laws are, but I do know I cannot carry my sword cane in Washington, as the card is a Concealed Pistol License. Arizona has a concealed Weapon Permit that doesn't hav ethe word firearm anywhere on it, and my CCW instructor said the CCW permit covered the sword cane as I am disable and need a cane to walk. I would prefer to use a sword cane than a pistol, but I gotta play by Washington's rules.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't this item be open carried without a permit? Doesn't AZ allow any and all weapons that can be carried concealed with a permit (including long guns and NFA weapons) to be carried openly without one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12