Open Carry / Printing laws in Indiana?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry / Printing laws in Indiana?

Open Carry / Printing laws in Indiana?

I'm in the process of getting my CCW. I need to know the law regarding open carry here in Indiana. If concealed carry only, then what if my weapon peeks out from under my shirt? Could I get into trouble for that? Thanks for your help.

Indiana is "License To Carry Handgun". Does not distinguish between Open or Concealed. I carry IWB, sometimes with a jacket or shirt over it, sometimes without. Never been hassled in either case. I live in Southern IN, YMMV, especially in Indy or Ft Wayne.
    N38 19' 56.52" W85 45' 8.56"
    Semper Gumby
    Ethics are what we do when no one else is looking.

Thanks. I live in Northwest Indiana.

This PDF at handgunlaw.us is VERY helpful, along with the data here...
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf
    N38 19' 56.52" W85 45' 8.56"
    Semper Gumby
    Ethics are what we do when no one else is looking.

Thanks for the info. That's a good little pamphlet.
    Sig 239 9mm
    Colt 1911 Series 70 Governement
    EMT-B www.radardetector.net

7. I OC everytime I go to Indiana. It's well known that the cops will try to tell you it's illegal, but it is most certainly NOT illegal.

No one has ever bothered me.
    http://NCgunOwners.com

I think the reason that some LEO's think it's illegal is because the Indiana Code is silent on the issue. That is, the "law" doesn't say anything about the mode of carry. It's legal, because it's not illegal. The laws of most states do not always say what is legal.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I think the reason that some LEO's think it's illegal is because the Indiana Code is silent on the issue. That is, the "law" doesn't say anything about the mode of carry. It's illegal, because the law does not say it's legal.
    Fixed it for you via Cop-o-Vision.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Whatever works for ya....
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I think the reason that some LEO's think it's illegal is because the Indiana Code is silent on the issue. That is, the "law" doesn't say anything about the mode of carry. It's legal, because it's not illegal. The laws of most states do not always say what is legal.
    That's the case here in MA. No law indicates its legal to do it, yet no law indicates its illegal to do it...

So if the police decide to detain you, they can until they are told not to by the courts...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast