Your Chance to ask a Firearm Instructor - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: Your Chance to ask a Firearm Instructor

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkles3212 View Post
    Is it legal to carry in a commercial vehicle? I have my Ohio and PA ccw
    As long as you have your Concealed Carry License you can carry inside any vehicle in Ohio. If your company policy says you cannot carry you may get in trouble with them. Im not sure about PA though.

    2923.16 Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.
    http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.16

    (3) If the person is the driver or an occupant of a motor vehicle that is stopped as a result of a traffic stop or a stop for another law enforcement purpose or is the driver or an occupant of a commercial motor vehicle that is stopped by an employee of the motor carrier enforcement unit for the purposes defined in section 5503.34 of the Revised Code, and if the person is transporting or has a loaded handgun in the motor vehicle or commercial motor vehicle in any manner, fail to do any of the following that is applicable:

    (a) If the person is the driver or an occupant of a motor vehicle stopped as a result of a traffic stop or a stop for another law enforcement purpose, fail to promptly inform any law enforcement officer who approaches the vehicle while stopped that the person has been issued a license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun and that the person then possesses or has a loaded handgun in the motor vehicle;

    (b) If the person is the driver or an occupant of a commercial motor vehicle stopped by an employee of the motor carrier enforcement unit for any of the defined purposes, fail to promptly inform the employee of the unit who approaches the vehicle while stopped that the person has been issued a license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun and that the person then possesses or has a loaded handgun in the commercial motor vehicle.
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

  2.   
  3. #22
    I have a question about Gen4 Glocks. I have a Glock 27. I have heard that the new Gen4 Glocks are not any better than the previous Glock. That most of the changes are basically internal. Is this true. Do it make any sense at all to upgrade or is my Glock 27 just as good. This one of my first guns. I have been shooting for about a year now.

  4. #23
    I have a question concering signage....The sign states no firearms allowed on the premises, states the statutes and below it says...Unless otherwise allowed by law.
    Does a valid ccw or recipricating license fall under Otherwise allowed by law?

  5. #24
    It's hard on the ejector/extractor and should not be done. The lazy mans way to load.

  6. #25
    I also have Queation,I reside in New York State, which has some of the Strictest Gun Laws, And Pistol Permit Application Requirements.Why doesn't New York State make it manditory for all Applicants to not only learn to safely handle Firearms, But also to be able to Qualify shooting an weapon as well?

    I see, and know people who receive their Pistol Permit without ever firing an weapon. It's a great responcibility receiving your Pistol Permit, all the more reasoning NYS,And all states would make it Manditory that each Applicant qualify firing an weapon before receiving an Pistol Permit.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    I also have Queation,I reside in New York State, which has some of the Strictest Gun Laws, And Pistol Permit Application Requirements.Why doesn't New York State make it manditory for all Applicants to not only learn to safely handle Firearms, But also to be able to Qualify shooting an weapon as well?

    I see, and know people who receive their Pistol Permit without ever firing an weapon. It's a great responcibility receiving your Pistol Permit, all the more reasoning NYS,And all states would make it Manditory that each Applicant qualify firing an weapon before receiving an Pistol Permit.
    Well, one of my issues with NY is that the permit application is done by county. There are some counties that require no training to apply for your permit and others, such as Westchester require the NRA Basic Pistol and require you to purchase a pistol to have a permit. Some counties will issue a full carry and others will only do hunting/target/home (or at least they work their hardest NOT to issue a full carry)
    Security is your concern. Helping you provide it is ours.
    www.oramsecurity.com
    USMC Scout Snipers - Stealth, Silence, Precision Violence

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cortland County, New York
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Oram Security Consultants View Post
    Well, one of my issues with NY is that the permit application is done by county. There are some counties that require no training to apply for your permit and others, such as Westchester require the NRA Basic Pistol and require you to purchase a pistol to have a permit. Some counties will issue a full carry and others will only do hunting/target/home (or at least they work their hardest NOT to issue a full carry)
    Every county has different rules, true. Some are Judge dependant. Most require only a basic safety class to get your home and target shooting, many have specific training requirements with approved instructors for CC.

  9. #28
    Here in colorado, the law has changed that if leo's run your drivers license, it does no longer show if you have a permit. Your also not required to volunteer that information if contacted by a leo. If your are asked if you have weapons on you, out they see something under your shirt that looks larger than Cellphone, are tort required to answer? Or how would other people answer this. I haven't been in this situation, just curious

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    I also have Queation,I reside in New York State, which has some of the Strictest Gun Laws, And Pistol Permit Application Requirements.Why doesn't New York State make it manditory for all Applicants to not only learn to safely handle Firearms, But also to be able to Qualify shooting an weapon as well?

    I see, and know people who receive their Pistol Permit without ever firing an weapon. It's a great responcibility receiving your Pistol Permit, all the more reasoning NYS,And all states would make it Manditory that each Applicant qualify firing an weapon before receiving an Pistol Permit.
    Many states require formal training and some must qualify before getting licensed. NY has no formal training requirements state-wide (as per PL 400.00). I too often wonder why not. We wouldn't hand the keys to a car to someone who hasn't been schooled and tested.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLM View Post
    I have a question about Gen4 Glocks. I have a Glock 27. I have heard that the new Gen4 Glocks are not any better than the previous Glock. That most of the changes are basically internal. Is this true. Do it make any sense at all to upgrade or is my Glock 27 just as good. This one of my first guns. I have been shooting for about a year now.
    I know this is an older post, but if you haven't found your answer, very little has changed on the Subcompacts, like the 26 and 27. The grip is narrower, and it has different size backstraps, and a Magazine catch that can be moved to the opposite side, to make it left handed. On the larger models, the recoil spring was changed as well, to a design that is very similar to the subcompact models. FWIW the earlier model G17 and 19 had trouble with the new recoil spring. A recall was sent out. PM me for details on that.

    Hope this helps

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast