Your Chance to ask a Firearm Instructor - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Your Chance to ask a Firearm Instructor

are there any disabled instuctors from mn here in chairs
    are there any that that will teach shooting and moving to a disabled person in a chair

Quote Originally Posted by mountainskytop View Post
    As I look at all the guns and equipment and impressed by laser aiming devices I fail to see their merit much in a self defense combat position which usually is on very close quarters. I can see however where may be somewhat helpful in low or no light combat situations. Anyone care to try and "sell me" on equipping my CCW with a laser?
    No. I encourage students to train with a red dot if they wish, but seriously discourage use of one on a carry gun. One reason is that if you come to rely on it, you will be out of luck if the battery fails. It is far better to train yourself to aim and shoot without it.

A red dot is useful to train in "point and shoot" especially, but I see little other advantage to using one.
    NRA Certified instructor: handgun, self defense, CRSO (retired 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    No. I encourage students to train with a red dot if they wish, but seriously discourage use of one on a carry gun. One reason is that if you come to rely on it, you will be out of luck if the battery fails. It is far better to train yourself to aim and shoot without it.

A red dot is useful to train in "point and shoot" especially, but I see little other advantage to using one.
    I agree. I have seen people become totally useless when I force a battery failure on them at the range. Pretty sobering for them to realize they completely rely on that little red dot to hit the target.

5. I live in Maine and would like to know what steps I need to take to become a ccw instructor. Any help would really be appreciated!

6. Need info on how to become a cc instructor in ky

Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey1003 View Post
    Need info on how to become a cc instructor in ky
    You might try google next time... 503 KAR 4:040. Required instructor training.
    Hi-Caliber Training & Tactics
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."- Theodore Roosevelt

loading directly into the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Why would someone do that?
    the only time I would do this is to set up a double feed.... when I am teaching malfunction drills.
    Joshua
    Www.jwstacticalsolutions.com

9. I just recently received my non-resident CCW for the state of Virginia. I live in Missouri. I received a CCW id card from Virginia that has my picture and info on it. Do I need to go to DMV in Missouri and have another picture taken and have MO issue a new CCW card?

You can only get the MO CCW ID by taking the course here. You can use your VA non resident CCW but its not accepted in as many states as the MO CCW. For example it's not accepted in KS or CO.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
    Hi-Caliber Training & Tactics
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."- Theodore Roosevelt

Each state has there own laws that you have to go by. If you take a course online, then my advise is to the sheriffs office in your area and get the manual so you can be up to date on the laws in that state. If it is for another state then i would call the sheriffs office in that state an have them send you a manual from that state.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast