Confused about becoming an instructor. - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Confused about becoming an instructor.

I doubt my homeowners would cover it either. AS a matter of fact, I'm not sure any Insurance covers much of
    anything. They always seem to have some fine print, we couldn't see that leaves them non liable. Just like
    the water damage issue. Was it from a broken pipe, from rain, from a wind storm or something else, they are
    all different insurance policies.

I wonder if an Attorney would even take a case knowing there was no insurance company to go after. They sure
    ain't going to get much out of me. Lawyers don't like cases where there is no money to go after.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzerr View Post
    That is if it's an already insured range, not one in your backyard. Chiarello does the same.
    The reality Speedbump is if you're going to teach others than just friends and family you need the insurance.
    Correct. The NRA insurance will cover personal injury on a home range but will only cover damage to property after homeowner insurance is exhausted as the primary coverage. I find the wording in the insurance contract is quite confusing so it's always a good idea to have an attorney read any contract for coverage. That damn fine print gets us every time.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Shifting gears

Since this thread will be helpful to others like me, I have to ask another question. What is the basic difference between "First Steps and Basic Pistol"? I have the CD with Basic Pistol and have scaled it down to an easier to give class in my humble opinion. I took out all the instructor primers and just left the lesson. Is "First Steps" simply a scaled down version of "Basic Pistol"?

I also wonder if there is a CD for "First Steps" as well as "Basic Pistol"?

This thread might make a good Stickie for Newbie Instructors like Myself, I've received a lot of great info here.

Can't help you there, I choose not to teach the NRA lesson plans.
    Hi-Caliber Training & Tactics
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."- Theodore Roosevelt

Can't help you there, I choose not to teach the NRA lesson plans.
    Why don't you teach the NRA lesson plans?

The NRA is a good base, but I prefer to write my own lesson plans.
    Hi-Caliber Training & Tactics
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."- Theodore Roosevelt

Does GOA publish their own lesson plans?

Same here. The NRA courses are for those with no experience. The PP classes take you from beginner to light intermediate. Advanced training expands on those basics and incorporates tactical drills that require prior experience. We require advanced students to have a minimum of PPOTH. I've had inexperienced shooters fail to safely handle a firearm in advanced classes, thus the requirement. My motto in learning personal protection is "first learn to crawl, then walk, then run."
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The PP classes take you from beginner to light intermediate.
    PP classes = Pink Pistols Classes?

11. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    PP classes = Pink Pistols Classes?
    Personal Protection (as in 'Personal Protection in the Home' and 'Personal protection outside the home' NRA courses).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast