CCW Instructor's Badge - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: CCW Instructor's Badge

He's been banned BUT you would have to had known him to appreciate his humor and insight. I'm still not sure why he got the boot (MAYBE Lukem could post in private supporters thread) ONE of his matras was "NO Stinking Badges" except of course for his dog.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    He's been banned BUT you would have to had known him to appreciate his humor and insight. I'm still not sure why he got the boot (MAYBE Lukem could post in private supporters thread) ONE of his matras was "NO Stinking Badges" except of course for his dog.
    He was banned for having 2 accounts and he's back now under a different name. The dog belonged to NavyLCDR
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Thanks, It's hell getting old.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

While there is certainly a need for instructors outside of law enforcement, I can't imagine there is any respect simply for the "badge", which should more appropriately be referred to as a patch.

Sent from my VS840 4G using USA Carry mobile app

Why any CCW instructor would feel they need to carry a badge is beyond me. If you aren't a LEO then you don't have any use for a badge.

The CCW Badge

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    With all the discusions that take place on these forums about CCW Badges, I got to thinking. Is there a CCW Instructor's Badge? Do LEO's show you more respect due to having the instructor's badge as opposed to the regular CCW badge? Should one get a nickel or brass color finish for their CCW instructor's badge? Let's hear your thoughts.
    I have a CCW badge, and am an instructor. I rarely carry it because of the possibility of someone think I am impersonating a police officer. That said, I have to wonder, if I ever have to draw my weapon in self defense, and someone, a LEO or civilian with a CCW and a weapon sees me pointing a weapon at another person, how will they know the bad guy. In a situation like that I might just want to flash the badge to show I am a good guy with a gun. I hope I or anyone will ever be in that position, however it could prevent a blue on blue. I know, I know, the bad guy may have a badge too, I don't think you have to prove that you have a CCW to buy one, but if there are two badges it may give the third person to hesitate even more. As far as an Instructor is concerned, I have State Credentials I can show any one of my students, I don't feel the need to wear a badge. Hope this helps, and if anyone has an exception to that, let me know.

8. A badge for CCW is the same as one for a person giving instruction in CCW stupid and useless. You are not a LE if you where you would already have a badge. A person who has a CCW or a person who teaches CCW and carries badge saying so is a tool who thinks far more of them self then anyone around them ever will.

A badge represents authority. LEO's, firefighters.

Someone with a CC permit has the same authority that a normal citizen has, none.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Company sells CHP lapel pins that are 1" tall, like NRA pins. I think those are OK. I have one on my NRA hat, along with NRA certifications I have acquired. ccw badges.com - CCW Instructor Quantity Discounts

Personally, I don't like to advertise. I feel it's asking for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Glock20 View Post
    Company sells CHP lapel pins that are 1" tall, like NRA pins. I think those are OK. I have one on my NRA hat, along with NRA certifications I have acquired. ccw badges.com - CCW Instructor Quantity Discounts

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast