CCW Instructor's Badge - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: CCW Instructor's Badge

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    A badge represents authority. LEO's, firefighters.

Someone with a CC permit has the same authority that a normal citizen has, none.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    To me, a badge represents identity. The constitution represents authority. So unless someone with a badge, also brings a constitutional warrant, they have no authority over me.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    To me, a badge represents identity. The constitution represents authority. So unless someone with a badge, also brings a constitutional warrant, they have no authority over me.
    I assume you're a FF, and you know better, you just want to be argumentative.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    I assume you're a FF, and you know better, you just want to be argumentative.
    I left the fire department 6 months ago, I'm now on the railroad and an AHA instructor (CPR, AED, BLS, FA, ACLS, PHTLS, EPC, PALS).

But, the two FD and 3 ambulance services I worked for, we did not want or wear badges, for the reasons I gave before. I'm not arguing your opinion is wrong, I was just thinking about this thread for a while, and wanted to express my opinion too.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Thanks everyone for the insight on carry a CCW badge and amongst other topics. I better cancel my order, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Is there a CCW Instructor's Badge? Do LEO's show you more respect due to having the instructor's badge as opposed to the regular CCW badge? Should one get a nickel or brass color finish for their CCW instructor's badge? Let's hear your thoughts.
    Why would an instructor need a badge? It would seem like business cards would be more appropriate. Admittedly, that is what I use.

Not to mention, in New Mexico carrying a badge as a CHL holder can get you charged with impersonating a LEO. I am not real sure who you would show this badge to anyway. If you need to verify with Law Enforcement that you have a CHL why not just show them the license?

Rick
    NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Instructor

Badges general purpose is to show "Authority". Whether it be a building (security guard), State Highways (Troopers), or Federal Jurisdiction (FBI, ATF, INS, etc.) for identification purposes to the public that you have the "authority" to do whatever in whosever jurisdiction. CCW Instructor or not does not have any authority, so therefore should not display any type of badge. Everybody wants to be official, lol.

I feel a lot of people mistakenly say authority instead of tyranny when it comes to badges identifying those in enforcement...

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

North Carolina will issue their CCW instructors a photo id card but we don't have, nor would I want, any type of badge.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

have your ccw badge in your wallet when you get stuck in a robbery, when they look in your wallet and see your CCW badge guess who they shoot first!!! Flash any badge when I am on duty and you are instantly in my radar big time. Only ID works, any moron can buy a badge.

Quote Originally Posted by rrepik View Post
    have your ccw badge in your wallet when you get stuck in a robbery, when they look in your wallet and see your CCW badge guess who they shoot first!!! Flash any badge when I am on duty and you are instantly in my radar big time. Only ID works, any moron can buy a badge.
    Is being shot first from the robber or the police officer?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast