CCW Instructor's Badge - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Instructor's Badge

The firefighters badge is only worn on the dress uniform. We don't need no stinkin' badges to be america's heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Sadly, what's a little known fact is that ANYONEcan order the patches off of the NRA website. I've seen goof balls wearing the "NRA Certified Instructor" or "NRA Range Safety Officer" patches. So far I've never seen a bogus "NRA Training Counselor".
    Yes, I too see people wearing the instructor shirts at local ranges. And I know they aren't instructors. I think the only time it's appropriate to wear the patch is while actually instructing. I for sure don't think anyone should be wearing a badge unless they are a LEO or other recognized public official.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by NFTATraining View Post
    You don't wear black ninja outfits in that situation sir. The correct uniform is a shirt that says "Douche Bag" with a picture of an "Up Arrow" above the phrase, and camo pants. Not the real BDU kind, but the "real tree pattern" kind from wal mart. The Douche Bag t-shirt IS black however. Then I got the CCW Instructors Badge around my neck on a dog tag chain. Its what all bad asses wear, I don't know why but a sheriff's deputy told me it was the correct uniform.

Great, Thanks... Now you made ME spill coffee down the front of myself also... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Yes, I too see people wearing the instructor shirts at local ranges. And I know they aren't instructors. I think the only time it's appropriate to wear the patch is while actually instructing. I for sure don't think anyone should be wearing a badge unless they are a LEO or other recognized public official.
    Agreed. I wear my NRA Instructor (or Training Counselor) anytime I'm doing any type of training (formal or informal). If I'm shooting by myself or with a group of other instructors/Training Counselors, I will either remove the patch (got Velcro on my instructor shirts) or simply wear different clothing.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by firelooker:233090
    The firefighters badge is only worn on the dress uniform. We don't need no stinkin' badges to be america's heroes.
    In Oregon, more and more departments, fire and paramedic, volunteer and paid, are moving to full uniform with a badge and name tag (we like to blame the east coast for this ridiculous movement)....I personally like the emt pants with a t shirt, I don't need no stinking badge either

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Speaking from the citizens side...anything can land you in hot water if an Leo is involved.....
    Ain't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Agreed. I wear my NRA Instructor (or Training Counselor) anytime I'm doing any type of training (formal or informal). If I'm shooting by myself or with a group of other instructors/Training Counselors, I will either remove the patch (got Velcro on my instructor shirts) or simply wear different clothing.
    This is why I value this forum. I am a Cubmaster for my sons' local Cub Scouts Pack and the velcro option for the multiple roles and patches is convenient, but I *never* thought about that for my instructor shirts/weather gear. Being able to rip off the patches after a training session, or affix the patch once I leave a local range en-route to a class I am giving is an excellent idea! Thanks!

I guess I'll have to e-bay/craigslist my CCW badge collection to pay for a few feet of velcro...
    Cheers,
    Joe Short
    First Defense, LLC (Culpeper, Virginia)

Quote Originally Posted by Regular_Joe View Post
    I guess I'll have to e-bay/craigslist my CCW badge collection to pay for a few feet of velcro...
    Just as long as you don't sell your CCW Instructor's Badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Regular_Joe View Post
    This is why I value this forum. I am a Cubmaster for my sons' local Cub Scouts Pack and the velcro option for the multiple roles and patches is convenient, but I *never* thought about that for my instructor shirts/weather gear. Being able to rip off the patches after a training session, or affix the patch once I leave a local range en-route to a class I am giving is an excellent idea! Thanks!

Wal-Mart sells Velcro in a variety of colors at a reasonable price. If you have access to a military clothing sales store, prices are a lot less.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Did he wear mirrored sunglasses?
    This guy would hang out in the corner store, shooting the b.s. w/ local coffee drinkers. Don't recall mirrored shades, but he wore those SWAT style cargo pants & paramilitary boots. I guess his hobby was law & order, patch collecting and scanner listening. He moved away long ago, never to be seen in these parts again...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast