CCW Instructor's Badge - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Instructor's Badge

Quote Originally Posted by robfrommaine:233414
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Did he wear mirrored sunglasses?
    This guy would hang out in the corner store, shooting the b.s. w/ local coffee drinkers. Don't recall mirrored shades, but he wore those SWAT style cargo pants & paramilitary boots. I guess his hobby was law & order, patch collecting and scanner listening. He moved away long ago, never to be seen in these parts again...
    What are swat style cargo pants?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I dunno, exactly. Maybe the kind of military style pants SWAT members wear? Bulging side pockets on the thighs, tucked into the black boots and "bloused out." Yeah, that's the ticket. It was a long time ago, so don't ask me to remember what color they were! I haven't seen actual SWAT team guys lately. Hell, maybe they don't even refer to them as SWAT teams anymore. I'm outta da loop. Maybe these days SWAT stands for So What Are Those?

Quote Originally Posted by robfrommaine:233579
    I dunno, exactly. Maybe the kind of military style pants SWAT members wear? Bulging side pockets on the thighs, tucked into the black boots and "bloused out." Yeah, that's the ticket. It was a long time ago, so don't ask me to remember what color they were! I haven't seen actual SWAT team guys lately. Hell, maybe they don't even refer to them as SWAT teams anymore. I'm outta da loop. Maybe these days SWAT stands for So What Are Those?
    Do all cargo pants fit into the swat style category? Or just black ones with sew in magazine pouches?

Do all cargo pants fit into the swat style category? Or just black ones with sew in magazine pouches?
    Only if they are"tactical".

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor Patch

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuns View Post
    The state of Utah does issue or at leased they used to a patch signifying that you are a Utah DPS Certified Concealed Firearms instructor.
    Utah still does issue a round patch identifying the wearer as a State of Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearms Instructor. One patch per student is issued to all Instructor Course Graduates and any re-certifying CFP Instructors They also issue a Utah CFP Instructor permit that looks like the CFP permit but with a black stripe rather than a red one. I have my Utah CFP Instructor patch sown on a black shirt and I only wear that shirt while instructing a Utah CFP course (or to or from the course location). When conducting an NRA Course, I wear the NRA Polo Instructor Shirt and only wear that during the course or to or from the course.

Part of my Utah CFP Course includes a slide and discussion about why a student should NEVER succumb to the temptation to purchase one of those LEO Look-Alike badges. Doing that in Utah can get your CFP revoked under some circumstances.
    NRA Certified Instructor, Pistol, Rifle, PPIH, RSO
    Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Intructor
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, & Florida

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Part of my Utah CFP Course includes a slide and discussion about why a student should NEVER succumb to the temptation to purchase one of those LEO Look-Alike badges. Doing that in Utah can get your CFP revoked under some circumstances.
    You mean like this one?

I had not seen that particular version before, but I love it.
    NRA Certified Instructor, Pistol, Rifle, PPIH, RSO
    Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Intructor
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, & Florida

Kinda, sorta related.

I was pulled over the other night by a state trooper. Reason, missing front license plate. I kinda think I was not issued a ticket because I was still wearing my Mo. Hunter Safety & Eduction Instructor orange vest. I only think this because the officer asked me about it.

That reminds me, I still need to get that plate on.

Quote Originally Posted by RJT CCW View Post
    Kinda, sorta related.

I was pulled over the other night by a state trooper. Reason, missing front license plate. I kinda think I was not issued a ticket because I was still wearing my Mo. Hunter Safety & Eduction Instructor orange vest. I only think this because the officer asked me about it.

That reminds me, I still need to get that plate on.
    I'd get it done sooner than later. Wal-mart has a variety of hardware that should suffice in getting the license plate attached.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I'd get it done sooner than later. Wal-mart has a variety of hardware that should suffice in getting the license plate attached.
    There's a CCW Licence Plate now too?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast