CCW Instructor's Badge
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Instructor's Badge

Question CCW Instructor's Badge

With all the discusions that take place on these forums about CCW Badges, I got to thinking. Is there a CCW Instructor's Badge? Do LEO's show you more respect due to having the instructor's badge as opposed to the regular CCW badge? Should one get a nickel or brass color finish for their CCW instructor's badge? Let's hear your thoughts.

If you're read the same post I have...most people don't think too highly of the CCW badges.....don't imagine an Instructors one would be viewed any differently.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

My opinion, badges ought to be left to law enforcement and security personel.
    As far as getting respect from a LEO. Based solely on my personal experience, i have found that most agents of law enforcement tend to show more respect to idividuals with a professional and curtious dimeanor(spelling?). Regardless of who you are, give the guy or gal an attitude and see how fast you can find yourself on hostile terms. But by no means does being nice guarantee your not gonna get crap from an officer who may be having a bad day or is just a jerk with authority. Just my 2 cents...

Honestly, I laugh at people who have CCW badges to begin with. I prefer it when I'm told someone is armed and have a CCW permit. When I see the badges it actually has the opposite effect, as it gives the appearance of a wanna-be cop or someone who has the ability or desire to impersonate police.
    NRA and USCCA Certified Instructor - FL CCW/CWP Classes
    https://www.TriggerPressers.com

Cops would probably think it was fake anyway. Always respond to the officer politely, it may not get you out of a ticket but at least it wont get you anymore grief. When I drove truck I got pulled over for an inspection at a roadside impromptu set up that I almost missed, The cop gave me a warning saying I was the first trucker that day that treated him with courtesy, I thanked him and explained I realized he was just doing his job, just like I was doing mine.

leave the badges to cops and security, they are the only people who need them, and due to their job, its part of the uniform. ccw badge or instructors badges are just stupid, and will serve no point for anything other than for you to be made fun of, and yes i would laugh at someone who tried to pull one out....

just my opinion.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    With all the discusions that take place on these forums about CCW Badges, I got to thinking. Is there a CCW Instructor's Badge? Do LEO's show you more respect due to having the instructor's badge as opposed to the regular CCW badge? Should one get a nickel or brass color finish for their CCW instructor's badge? Let's hear your thoughts.
    Seem that you are the one that keeps bringing up badges in almost every one of your posts. Knock it off already. Its getting old!

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    Honestly, I laugh at people who have CCW badges to begin with. I prefer it when I'm told someone is armed and have a CCW permit. When I see the badges it actually has the opposite effect, as it gives the appearance of a wanna-be cop or someone who has the ability or desire to impersonate police.
    I couldn't agree more! enough with the ccw badges.
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol,
    Personal Protection In The Home
    MA State Police Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I prefer the NRA INTRUCTOR patch be worn on a shirt during classes This ensures all students know which persons are instructors/RSO's. As far as walking around in public, nix any type of badge. It's a bad idea.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast