Good .22LR Pistol for Training Classes - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Good .22LR Pistol for Training Classes

Other than being pricy to start with, why not a Kimber 1911 ARF? Size of the 1911 but uses .22 in a light frame and slide.

I don't think they are available new anymore but the Smith & Wesson 422 is a sweet little firearm. Reminiscent of a slab side 1911 (well sort of)and it has excellent balance. I have the 4" model and it handles every ammo I've fed it. obviously the POI will be different for certain ammo but it's a real nice gun. Mine has the adjustable sights on it.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Other than being pricy to start with, why not a Kimber 1911 ARF? Size of the 1911 but uses .22 in a light frame and slide.
    Not quite so pricey is the Browning 1911 .22. Local shop had one for about $535 if I remember correctly. It is about 85% the size of JMB's original and very light and it is made by Browning. It was designed as a .22, not a conversion.

I just may have to have one someday. It goes on my list.

5. I just got my wife a Walther p-22 for her first gun. She loves it. Its really comfy in the grip and low recoil. So for her having small hands its great, but fits my hands too. Shes a new shooter and has taken a huge intrest in it partly because of the p-22.

The P22 Walther is a great choice for a starter semi auto. The next step up for a lot of people for a CCW could be the Walther PK380 this weapon is the same size and style as the P22 and is modeled after the P22. I got a PK380 a few years ago to carry as a CCW and then got one for my wife. Both of these weapons have several hundred rounds of both factory and my hand loads through them with out a problem at all.

Yes I would train people and have trained people with the Walther as it has most of the things on it that will or might be found on larger bore pistol's .
    Bill

7. Try the GSG 1911 in 22LR

We've been selling the GSG 1911 in .22LR like crazy these last few months. That's because we let people shoot ours with some "crappy" ammo and they LOVE IT. It's accurate, feals just like a 1911 should, and it eats practically any ammo, unlike the conversion kits I have for my Glock and Kimber. Heck, unlike all the other 22LR pistols I ever shot... here's some more "selling points", we've put a few thousand rounds of ammo through and only cleaned it twice... I'm telling you, this thing is the .22LR pistol to get...

i used a berretta model 21 in .22lr for teaching my kids & grandkids. found my best most reliable .22 to be a browning buckmark with a 3 inch barrel. since sold. now using my sig 1911-.22 for training, was a bit pricey, but got a good deal, prefer the 1911 style exclusivly now.

I like the Walther P22, but another good option is a conversion kit for a Gock, Sig or other centerfire pistol.

10. I find it depends on what you carry for a centerfire handgun. Way back, I used to carry an SP-101 .357, so I also bought an SP-101 .22 for practice. It is the same size, weight, and more importantly, the same grip as the .357. Makes for great training. But I also have a few semi-auto's to practice with as well: Buckmark, Ruger, Walther, since I carry various semi-autos now, too.

Steve

I'm surprised nobody had mentioned the Chiappa 1911-22. I got mine today and will take it to the range on Friday.Good .22LR Pistol for Training Classes-002.jpgPrice out the door was $312.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast