Good .22LR Pistol for Training Classes - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Good .22LR Pistol for Training Classes

1. I was using an Advantage Arms 22 Conversion on a Glock but it didn't fit all students hands so I picked up a Walther P22. Great pistol.

We use a Ruger SR-22 and everyone loves it.

I was going to mention an SR-22 as well or one of Rugers other 22's like bearcat, single ten or the convertible.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Its fairly a new piece but has anybody tryed the Bersa thunder 22? very accurate, runs any ammo and has from the first shot, same size as there 380, but a little lighter and don't seem to be the least bit touchy to differant ammo or getting dirty
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

My 2 cents

Check out the Ruger SR22 a fun to shot pistol and easy to clean.

I don't use the 22 but from my experiance here is my .02.

I would not discount the Ruger SR22. I am sure they do but I have never seen one jam.

Sig is a little larger frame but not much and I have seem them jam. They shoot well once you
    have found the right ammunition.

Neos are hummers but like you say not the carry look.

Just MHO and good luck.

My taurus pt22 after breakin was a decent lil cc pistol,those with old arthur do not have to rack the slide,as tip up barrel 200 -225 dollar range,small easy to operate good for the distance only that you take the test with,put 48 out of 48 on target.The beretta 300 to which its a copy is I believe da/sa the taurus da.

Blog Entries
    Ruger SR-22. Close to the same size as many concealed carry guns with similar controls. I do not care for Walther's magazine release being inside the trigger guard.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    Ruger SR-22. Close to the same size as many concealed carry guns with similar controls. I do not care for Walther's magazine release being inside the trigger guard.
    Since you'd never carry a 22 as a self defense gun it really doesn't matter does it? :)

Quote Originally Posted by vanns40 View Post
    Since you'd never carry a 22 as a self defense gun it really doesn't matter does it? :)
    Yes it really does, because you can practice all the skills needed for self protection with the SR22, for example, and it does not cost nearly as much for the practice. By being cheaper, you will practice more.

All the skills that you practice with the .22 carry over to your carry gun. The practice with the .22 does not have the recoil to deal with, so it is more productive. Then you need to practice with your carry gun so you are used to the recoil of the carry gun.

And by the way, there are a large number of folks who carry a .22 for a carry gun. If that is all they can carry, it is better than the gun they left at home. The first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun. The full size 1911 home in the gun safe is useless against the bad guy on the street.
    Certified NRA Instructor in Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Personal Defense in The Home, Personal Defense Outside the Home and Refuse to Be a Victim.
    Oklahoma Handgun License Instructor; NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA EVC, District 2, OK

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456