How Do You Advertise? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Advertise?

Invest in the students and they will refer business back your direction - this advertising carries the most credibility with it.

Offer free range days for groups of friends - develop a personal reputation among your circles of influence of being the 'go to' guy when it comes to gun knowledge (not in whispery "and THERE we were" special forces stories, but simply having a good understanding of your local CCW requirements and process and awareness of firearms and related gear).

Provide free or heavily discounted training to public school teachers and/or church staff - invest in your community.

Have good quality business cards on you at all times. Place helpful info like gun safety rules or local open carry laws on side 2 - provides an additional benefit to others.

Visit local shops and ranges and offer to leave information about your basic handgun/rifle/shotgun classes.

Barter with other professionals to get insight into different communities (HVAC, car mechanic, plumbing...) and to appreciate the benefits of your skillset.

Consider getting involved with 4-H shooting teams, Eddie Eagle-like children's safety course, Hunter Safety, or becoming a Boy Scout Merit Badge Counselor - again, community investment and personal referrals.

Network with local Rape Agression Defense or pepper spray instructors and offer combined workshops.

Related links:
    RAD Systems: Rape Aggression Defense: The National Standard in Self Defense Education(tm)
    http://www.sabrered.com/servlet/the-...ing-Class/Page
    Eddie Eagle Safety Program
    State Fish & Game Information
    National 4-H Shooting Sports
    Shooting Sports
    Rifle Shooting Merit Badge and Worksheet
    Cheers,
    Joe Short
    First Defense, LLC (Culpeper, Virginia)

Advertising

Well for me! I will be teaching mostly One on One. My motto is total privacy guaranteed.

No One will know except you and me.

My card in my wallet in case anyone asks. My teaching is in a very secluded place with nothing but privacy.

I am now a walking Bill Board, and retired so my main focus is on teaching safety, and overcome firearm fears.

I include drinks, and lunch that is home made.

Friendship, and social interaction.

My class price $40 this gives me something to do in my old age.
    Attached Images Attached Images How Do You Advertise?-ccw-shirt.jpg 
    Crime has no boundaries - Carry Safe!

I found my instructor/course through the NRA website. I think all I did was punch in my zip code and it came up with a choice within a certain radius. I imagine he paid NRA to have his listing posted. I liked it because it was a one day intensive course. I have friends who have done their CCW class through adult education, but it took several weeks of meeting once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by robfrommaine View Post
    I found my instructor/course through the NRA website. I think all I did was punch in my zip code and it came up with a choice within a certain radius. I imagine he paid NRA to have his listing posted. I liked it because it was a one day intensive course. I have friends who have done their CCW class through adult education, but it took several weeks of meeting once a week.
    I wonder if GOA does something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I wonder if GOA does something similar.
    Once your a certified NRA instructor, listing on the http://nrainstructors.org/ is free.
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

Quote Originally Posted by OCCI View Post
    Once your a certified NRA instructor, listing on the NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training is free.
    That's good to know. It's good to see all the great things the NRA does to encourage gun safety education and training. Gun safety education needs to be of, for, and by gunowners.

I have 2 gun shops and 1 pawn shop in my town, all good friends they hand out my business cards every time someone buys a firearm of any kind and it works pretty good. I also had a couple of flashing signs on a couple of major roads (at least until last week storm came through and destroyed them) I am in the process of getting a huge bill board sign that i hope will work good for me. The price seems a little high at first but if it brings in 3 people extra a month it will pay for itself.......Randy

Just started using http://www.showyoursite.com/?refid=11459 its a free banner exchange for websites. add a couple more for me ... Google Ads ... Google Places.
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

All great suggestions. I can affirm that the holy trinity is a great start:

1. Business Cards.
    2. Website (Online Brochure). Keep it current.
    3. Networking with like minded professionals, does not have to be gun stores or pawn shops.

I can add:

4. Ask for referrals from every student.
    5. Have a handout to give student that gives then a future free lesson when they bring a paying friend. You can use your imagination here.
    6. Volunteer, do something for your community ... as mentioned above.
    7. Local Services Classified Ads ... better than display ads and significantly less expensive.
    8. T-Shirts ... wear them and give them away. Walking billboards.

You could go on and on and ... well you get the idea. Find the most successful small business in your area and copy one thing they are doing.

They already proved it works.

Regards,

Jeff
    "For safety is not a gadget but a state of mind."
    -Eleanor Everet

Internet website -- that is where I got my first gun lessons. I searched the web. Nowadays if you really like to advertise, join a social network like Facebook, Twitter, Google also has one...I think Luke (our mod) is with the latter. Because of bad experiences from people stealing my videos and still photos, I am not into those social networking stuff but I use my husband's Facebook account to advertise our convention. You would be surprise at how much traffic you can generate just in Facebook alone...Just my thoughts...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast