How Do You Advertise? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Advertise?

1. I just happened to notice the article in the classifieds so I called up and took the class and now carry constantly and practice as often

3. In my area, instructors use a variety of methods. I've seen:

Flyers at local events (e.g. in a booth at a Farmer's Market)
    Web Sites
    Becoming members of local clubs (become established and other members recommend friends)
    The subsequent Gun Club web site
    Classified ads
    Posters at every place that sells firearms or ammunition in town
    Small ads in the local paper

I agree with Horkos, as I advertise in the local Paper, gun shops and pawn shops, But I also hit the pavement and pass out plenty of buisness cards to the public and this really helps get the word out. People always rerly "we were just discussing this the other knight" Right now I have a banner hanging in the local Bowling Alley, and the employees are passing out my cards to anyone that aproaches with an interist in attending one of my ccp classes.

Blog Entries
    I honestly did not read many of the prior posts to see if this is already mentioned, but....

My favorite tactic is to go to the gun range do my shooting, with a pistol at say 30 yards. Let my accuracy be my proof that i know what i am doing with a pistol. Followed by looking for the shooters who have less than desirable accuracy. Give them a simple 10 second tip and let them see the difference.

Once they see the difference hand them a business card and tell them to call you when they are ready to learn more. The trick is to not say it in a way that is insulting/intimidating

Quote Originally Posted by nodaywithout View Post
    I honestly did not read many of the prior posts to see if this is already mentioned, but....

My favorite tactic is to go to the gun range do my shooting, with a pistol at say 30 yards. Let my accuracy be my proof that i know what i am doing with a pistol. Followed by looking for the shooters who have less than desirable accuracy. Give them a simple 10 second tip and let them see the difference.

Once they see the difference hand them a business card and tell them to call you when they are ready to learn more. The trick is to not say it in a way that is insulting/intimidating
    A CCW Instructor's Badge would not be intimidating, IMHO.

I think everyone has come up with great ideas, I will be at a booth on Nov.5,2011 for the Friends of the NRA banquette, to advertise me services as well as pass out some buisness cards. We have quite alot of people turning out to our CCP classes,(Sept. 23.2011 there were over 90) so people aproach me often for training. I teach everything from Basic Nra Pistol up to C.A.R (Center Axis Relock) founded by the Late Great Paul Castle. My associates and myself also teach these shooting methods to SWAT departments and this really gets the word out. I look forward to reading some more great posts in the future. Thanks Guys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    A CCW Instructor's Badge would not be intimidating, IMHO.
    I don't do badges, don't see a need for it, i am not in law enforcement.

Blog Entries
    shame were not neighbors we could have some real fun!

Mainly search engines for me. The rest of the time I spend on increasing my marketing with my existing clients. Referrals are my best form of new cliental.

Homes for Sale | Ingersoll Scott Real Estate

PDTSS here. I am a newbee here.
    I have a Defensive Shooting School here in Colorado Springs,CO. I have tried radio advertisement it coast me $1800 for a two months, two time a week. I had only One call, and they did not take the course. I've tried Flyers at gun shops, gunsmiths, Outdoors Sportsman Warehouse, Liquor Stores, yo name it i have tried it.
    I did a survey and I ask on the app where or how did you here about Precision Defensive Shooting School? The largest amount was, drum roll pls. WORD OF MOUTH, coming in second,was the internet, third was the Gunsmith shop.
    If you are good,then folks will talk about you and recommend your school. There are no other schools around here that teaches what I do, Every one with a school around here teaches the NRA courses, nothing wrong with that.Most teach Theory we teach REALITY. We all my instructors are X. Spec Ops, we have know what it is like, when you in danger your life depends on how you have trained, how to beat the adrenaline dump. We train folks for the real world,defensive training not TARGET PRACTICE. People see we are a different school and love it, because we care about them. Check my web site at pdtss.com and get an Idea on a web site, Good Luck. Sine-Pari

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast