The False Security Of Laser Aiming Devices And Their General Uselessness. - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The False Security Of Laser Aiming Devices And Their General Uselessness.

1. Not quite right

If your sighted in correctly the bullet will always go where you aim...after you pull the trigger so tatics is the most important aspect of shooting as it always will be with or without a laser

3. I cannot agree more.

Lasers just distract from the basic need to master the handgun.

It's an unnecessary complication.

It's sad that so many firearms dealers/insructors sell these things to people, instead of putting the money into more ammo to train with.

And an attached laser also reduces the amount of hosters to choose from.

It also complicates concealed carry.

Pinnacle safety
    I disagree with your statement. Any weapon can be sighted in properly and the second you PULL the trigger it won't matter you will miss the intended target.The only time pulling the trigger will work is in close quarters combat shooting from point blank out to maybe 10 or 15 yard's.
    Bill

Onlypill
    I also disagree with your statement. A laser is a tool that is there to help out in diffrent situations. First you master the weapon then you master the weapon with whatever extra tool's you wish to add to it. I have several weapons with lasers on them and can shoot with or without the laser active by not depressing the switch.
    Bill

Bill,

What does your reply to pinnacle mean? Can you explain a little. If your sighted in, the gun will still miss? Isn't that the point of sighting in your guns? Last time I was out at a range, I hit a coffee can at 30 yards...that's double the distance you stated. I think I just don't understand what you meant.

Pinnacle Safety "Pinnacle safety
    I disagree with your statement. Any weapon can be sighted in properly and the second you PULL the trigger it won't matter you will miss the intended target.The only time pulling the trigger will work is in close quarters combat shooting from point blank out to maybe 10 or 15 yard's.
    Bill

I am not sure if you are saying you can't miss at 10-15 yards, but if you are saying that, you are severely mistaken. 10 yards is 30 FT, most gun fights happen 10-12 FT apart and in a fight or flight situation, you CAN miss, easily, I have seen too many videos where police officers do it all the time.

I really didn't understand your statement there, so I apologize if I am misinterupting what you are trying to say, so if I am wrong in the interuptation please correct me.

Lasers should never be sighted in to adjust to the shooter's bad habbits. That is wrong for all types of reasons I am not going to even list. As a matter of fact, 90% of the time, hand guns are sighted in perfectly from the factory. I have owned, I can't tell you how many hand guns, and I haven't ever had to sight in one with fixed sights, adjustable sights I have, but most of the time if you have to adjust a fixed sight weapon, well its probably poor shooting techniques. Now, keep in mind I am not talking about used weapons you buy where people put the wrong after market sights on them. I bought a sig p6 one time that had a set of wilson combat sights on it (UGH) the rear sight was a #5, this sig took a #7, so that can happen.

Again, I am sorry if I took what you said wrong, but it sure sounded like you were saying that.

-B

I use the laser grips on my S & W 686 4" .357 Magnum as a training tool. I do not let anyone try them untill AFTER they learn to shoot with proper instruction in all of the requirements for good shooting and weapon safety. The laser will come out to explane a flinch or a flinch cover up and or a trigger snatch or pull as opposed to a smooth steady squeeze. No they are not for everyone but they are for me. I can also operate my 686 or my Glock Mod. #22 with or without the laser being on just by the pressure of my shooting hand and have trained myself to use the laser grips in this manner untill I need them. I will then apply pressure for the laser to come on at the same time as I am applying pressure for the trigger to travel to the rear.
    No laser's are not for everyone nor are they a cureall for everyone, but if used and trained properly with them they are a great tool for our shooting need's.
    Bill

I do hope that this will answere your questions.
    Bill

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567