Open Carry A Good Idea Or Bad? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry A Good Idea Or Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by NFTATraining View Post
    It was just being said that "surprise" was NOT a tactic. It is. Wether it be for the offensive or not. If people are saying that the element of surprise is NOT a tactic, then I fear for their students or anyone else they teach firearms too.
    Next time re-read posts BEFORE responding to them.... it was said that it is not a DEFENSIVE tactic.....

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Next time re-read posts BEFORE responding to them.... it was said that it is not a DEFENSIVE tactic.....
    It IS a defensive or offensive tactic Period! Defensive action at its best is often offensive by nature. A counter attack is STILL an attack.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

*SIGH*

Guess I'm gonna have to REALLY dumb it down for this so-called professional who doesnt know offense from defense..... All of you would do well to make a note of his name and location, and make sure to steer away from him if you ever decide to take any courses.....

Here you go little rudie........ you are walking down the street with your CONCEALED weapon (knife/firearm/etc.....) and someone attacks you.... what do you do? well, if you pull out that weapon... you have gone on the OFFENSE!

Now, if you would have just , say, blocked a fist coming towards your face with a martial arts type move, you would have been on the DEFENSE.

But once you pull out a weapon, you are now on the offense, no other way it could be.... Unless you think shooting his fist coming towards you is blocking it......

5. Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    I don't care how sharp you are you can be distracted, tired, looking the other way and have a weapon pulled on you. In that instance CC would be a HUGE advantage. Not only the element of surprise but the ability to plan, distract, possibly move to a better shooting position, move away from loved ones to draw fire away from them, put yourself in front of loved ones, the possibilities are endless. If YOU are surprised and the attacker notices that YOU are armed then HE has the tactical advantage and you could be disarmed or shot.
    I love this. The bad guy has a gun pointed at you, his finger on the trigger. And yet you have the "tactical advantage" because you have a hidden gun? That's just impossible for me to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Much of my advanced tactical training used the element of surprise. I was trained to place the attacker behind the reactionary curve. Breaking the OODA loop is surprise through disruption. It is a key element of indiviual self defense. This was also hammered into my head by my father, a graduate of the United States Naval Academy and decorated Naval Officer through two wars. He was a great tactician who taught me the importance of surprise in individual conflict.

Navy, I respond to OC threads just to rile you up. BTW, congrats on the promotion.
    Thank you. Any military tactician will tell you that it is better to deter the attack to begin with than to be required to defend against it. Even in the most successful defense against an attack, there is loss on the part of the defending party. If the attack is deterred, the only cost is the show of force which caused the deterrence to be effective. However, even then, those assets required for the effective deterrence still remain in the possession of the defender.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I love this. The bad guy has a gun pointed at you, his finger on the trigger. And yet you have the "tactical advantage" because you have a hidden gun? That's just impossible for me to grasp.
    Not exactly the scenario I had visioned for that statement. I never said it was good for every situation.

Your condescending remarks only prove what everyone else on this forum already knows. I will let you ponder what that means.
    “Dumb it down?” LMAO!
    You can’t go any further down than where you are pal.
    Lets see if you can answer this “Einstien”:
    Two people are in a gunfight and both are shooting at each other. Which one is on offense and which is on defense?
    There is only one answer, lets see if you have the stones to try and answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I did not say you had THE tactical advantage. I said "CC would be a HUGE advantage." as opposed to OC where the BG may see your weapon. You have an advantage of being able to pick your time to act, or not to act, create a distraction, before you act, and a ton of other choices. that is A tactical advantage.
    I think some of you just like to argue for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    Your condescending remarks only prove what everyone else on this forum already knows. I will let you ponder what that means.
    “Dumb it down?” LMAO!
    You can’t go any further down than where you are pal.
    Lets see if you can answer this “Einstien”:
    Two people are in a gunfight and both are shooting at each other. Which one is on offense and which is on defense?
    There is only one answer, lets see if you have the stones to try and answer it.
    So, I gave you something you have no answer for, and you come back and show your liberal side and just attack the messenger instead of answering the question....

Actually, you are right about one single thing on this whole thread... i was condescending..... Forgive me for not being tolerant of falsehoods/rumors and idiots who are absolutely dead set on parroting them.... On everything else, however... you are still wrong.

As far as your "OH SO HARD QUESTION" that you dont think I have the "stones" (or brains) to answer... Here you go dimwitt..... They are BOTH on the offensive... wow, that was SOOOOOOO hard to answer... let me check a sec.... Hmmmmm, my "stones" are still the same size as they have been for the last 35 yrs or so.......(since I got past puberty)

I know from reading your posts that you do not believe that my answer is even a possibility, because your training says that one has to be on defense, and one on offense.... and that is where you are wrong in your entire thinking....

I think some of you just like to argue for the hell of it.
    Actually, we just dont tolerate improper/wrong tactics/advice to be put out without showing it as such.... Some people dont have the means/chance to get training, and forums like this is all they have, And if we let people like you go without setting things straight, they could be led astray.... (which in some of these discussions, could get them killed if they take the wrong advice)

When some (like you) who think they know it all, just because it is what they have been taught (even though what they have been taught is wrong) keep trying to defend that which is incorrect, DO NOT EXPECT US TO KEEP QUIET ABOUT IT and let you get away with it. Those like you remind me of those "professors" in the liberal colleges/universities that are leading all of our young people astray..... How does that saying go?.... something like ..... those that can, do, those that cant, teach........

I did not say you had THE tactical advantage. I said "CC would be a HUGE advantage." as opposed to OC where the BG may see your weapon. You have an advantage of being able to pick your time to act, or not to act, create a distraction, before you act, and a ton of other choices. that is A tactical advantage.
    Wow, I never knew that I had a tactical advantage with a hidden gun under my shirt when there was a gun in my face with a bad guys finger on the trigger... Must be like having a unicorn in the closet or something......

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast