Front Sight Training School in Nevada. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Front Sight Training School in Nevada.

1. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Does he also wear a CCW Badge?
    You can't tell, it's hidden by his stealthy CCW sash.........

Μολών Λαβέ

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Quote Originally Posted by crabbys44 View Post
    You can't tell, it's hidden by his stealthy CCW sash.........

I always found the CCW Cape to be a better option.

Well, based in part on the responses here to my question, based in part on other research I've done, based in part that they emailed me a screamin' deal this week, I signed up for a Four Day midweek pistol class. Due to work constraints, I won't be able to attend a class before spring, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be sure to post an After-Action Report once I go. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne2k View Post
    I'll be sure to post an After-Action Report once I go. Thanks for the feedback.
    Thanks in advance for the after-action report.

As threatened, the after-action report.

Bottom line, I enjoyed the practice and I picked up some handy malfunction drills, but I didn't get a lot out of the four day course. I guess I was blessed to take the NRA Personal Protection Classes from a NRA Senior Training Counselor, and I had learned all the tactics / mindset / after action stuff before I had set foot on Front Sight's door. And as a UPSPA and IDPA shooter, I'm pretty much ok with stress-fire practice. It'd be good for a new CCW holder, but I think bang for the buck, NRA classes and a private instruction with a good teacher are the way to go. If you don't know a good teacher and are new shooter, then Front Sight is for you.

Full AAR is in five parts on my blog:
    Misfires & Light Strikes > Home - Front Sight Four Day Defensive Handgun Course, Day One

Misfires & Light Strikes > Home - Front Sight Four Day Defensive Handgun Course, Day Two

Misfires & Light Strikes > Home - Front Sight Four Day Defensive Handgun Course, Day Three

Misfires & Light Strikes > Home - Front Sight Four Day Defensive Handgun Course, Day Four

Misfires & Light Strikes > Home - Front Sight Four Day Defensive Handgun Course Wrapup

7. Good series and insight (I'd actually found it as you were posting it as well). I'm curious if you're interested enough to try their more advanced courses?

Also, the prices in your area for classes you reference are great and probably better than most places. Courses in my area (sometimes of questionable experience) run about $200 a day vs. the $50-60 they're charging, so I'm wondering how that compares to other places.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345