NO consistency with pattern - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NO consistency with pattern

Alduane, Answered as I would of Dry Firing works Great. Try doing it in front of a mirror. To watch yourself. Or, have someone watch you dry firing to see of you change in between trigger pulls.

thank's for all the advise.im sure there is some thing's here that will help me.i will try some of it out and see how it goes.
    WE THE PEOPLE...

4. Already been said. Practice, practice, practice.

Dummy rounds can be a good thing at the range. It can illustrate what you're doing wrong when you pull the trigger in the middle of a magazine of live-rounds. It also gives you a misfire malfunction simulation so you can teach yourself to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by laorentou86 View Post
    I was hoping to get some professional feed back regarding the Front Sight Training school in Nevada. I've been thinking about saving up enough scratch to go to a place like this and I like what the web site says but some of it sounds kinda gimmicky.
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? You hijack 3 threads with the same stolen post WTF?
    Post this was ripped off from -> http://www.usacarry.com/forums/instr...ol-nevada.html

I'm not an instructor nor am I the best shot on this forum. I can however pass along what Instructors have told me while trying to correct my shooting.

Slow and smooth. Get a sight picture, start to slowly put finger tension on the trigger while thinking squeeze, squeeze, squeeze. Shot should go off on third thought of squeeze. (Tension not necessarily pulling motion, believe me it takes tension not a pull)

Once your pistol fires allow trigger to come all the way back and HOLD IT. Once pistol recoils and comes back on target and you have a front sight picture again (then and only then) let the trigger out.

Repeat as needed.

Believe me if you follow these two simple steps it will cause you to slow way down and build a slow smooth trigger pull. After you build muscle memory then you will speed up the process without jerking the trigger.

Good luck.

Chap
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP, 3" barrel 1911 with a Mitch Rosen holster
    XDm .45 ACP 02FEB11
    Ruger LCP .380 05FEB11

Quote Originally Posted by 40 compact View Post
    granted this is my first semi-auto but is there any dvd's i could get to help with consistency ?out to 12 yrd.s i can place 10 shots inside a paper plate but there all over the place.think alot of it is consistent grip and aiming . any idea's.just want to get consistent from up close and personel out to just shooting for fun range.
    Trigger control, trigger control, trigger control, trigger control, trigger control. It's the most ABSOLUTE thing to master in order to have consistant tight groups. Grip, stance, breathing, aiming is important, if not as important, but with out trigger control you can hold it, aim it, and stand perfect but won't do you any good.

The other issue you may be having is the type of firearm you have. If you bought a little 9mm pocket pistol, like a keltec for instance, its going to be hard to get tight groups with a firearm like that, especially being new to hand guns.

Dry fire drills work great. Follow these steps to help you practice. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE THE FIREARM IS UNLOADED. Triple check the chamber.
    After making sure your firearm is unloaded, point at a spot on the wall that you can aim at, you can even hang a target, make sure its a spot on the wall that if the firearm were to accidently discharge, the bullet would not go through the wall and hit anyone, make sure its pointed in a safe direction.
    1. After you get your grip, stance, and aim
    2. With your trigger finger, only use the center of your last joint, meaning, don't put the trigger in the bend, make sure the trigger is in the center of your finger nail, closer towards the tip, NOT in the crease.
    3. Pull in a smooth, slow, motion, until you hearing the firing pin.
    4. Trigger reset is important, release the trigger slowly until you hear it "click", thats all the farther you need to let the trigger go forward, and you are set for your next shot.
    5. Repeat the steps over again. Do it for every shot.
    Just remember, every shot is a seperate event, the more you practice at home using dry fire drills, the more accurate you will be at the range. Try it and let me know, if you need anymore help, feel free to contact me.

Find out how accurate the gun its self is. Shoot it off of a sand bag or some type of sturdy rest and try different brands and bullet weights of ammo.

ton of good advise here and i must say it has helped a ton.especially the practice,practice,practice part's.i can now place my shots inside of a pie plate at 12 yards and even tighter at closer range.so i can see a vast improvement from when i started and having a blast(no pun intended) while doing the practice
    WE THE PEOPLE...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12