Concealed Carry Class - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed Carry Class

Blog Entries
    Thanks twotonevert good advice. glad to hear from a fellow oklahoman! Better yet someone in my direct area.
    Basically what i am getting from everyone so far narrows down to keep it simple dont complicate the info any more than needed and have fun. Which confirms the fact that i over think this thing. lol.

Glad to see you get going. My wife and daughter want to take the class, but I am not sure when they want to take it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    I like to say that if I can't dazzel them with brilliance, I baffle them with BS.

Don't really do this, it's just a cute saying but someone will always be there to call you on the BS. This type of class has no room for BS unless everyone understands that it is. You have to keep things lite to keep folks attention.KK
    Key Kutter i liked what you had to say and the portion above i got a laugh out of.

I am very greatful for this site for a few years i used carryconcealed.net until they switched owners and it went downhill once the forum crashed it never came back up.

I digress, i do enjoy this site as it appears to have many members of all kinds. which will help me and my assistants sharpen our skills.

5. I forgot to mention that having a video camera record you is invaluable for feedback. I picked up one for $150 and I started to pick up a lot of filler words I was using, how I was projecting my voice, and if I was making myself clear with the examples I provided. Just make sure your students know, and it's at the back of the room so your students aren't hesitant and you can hear yourself from the back of the room.

After a half-hour, people will forget that it's there. The first few times you review the video, you will get over the weird feeling of critiquing yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12