question for WA, OR, ID, MT, NC, SC, WV instructors , VERY important. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question for WA, OR, ID, MT, NC, SC, WV instructors , VERY important.

1. No, they don't. Each instructor gets his original curriculum back and it is his forever. I suppose someone could send you a copy of theirs but since mine is 17 years old, you might like something a little more current.

3. WA - no training requirement

I will confirm what was stated earlier, Washington does not have approved curriculum because we have no training requirement.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Blog Entries
    I don't know whether this will help or not but Nebraska requires their instructor applicants to provide a certificate of completion from one of the following entities, with their application to be come a cc instructor: State of Nebraska Certified Firearms Instructor (Law enforcement only), Military Pistor Instructor, NRA Certified Pistor Instructor, or instructor in some other program meeting the same standards for instructor certification. A notarized copy of the certificate of completion from the certifying entity shall be submitted to the Nebraska State Patrol.(Our licensing agency)

This would seem to me to be a quick way of coming up with qualified instructors for a new program such as yours.

Thanks for the help.
    -Thomas
    Member, ISRA; NRA Life Member & Instructor; AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com @AlphaKoncepts

Quote Originally Posted by chicagogunsmith View Post
    Does Carolina post this information on their website? DO they publish the curriculum or even publish the curriculum names?
    You may want to try contacting them-

SLED CONTACT INFORMATION

Concealed Weapons Permits, Security Guard, and Private Investigator Questions
    (803) 896-7015

This is the section that may help you- SECTION 23-31-215. Issuance of permits.

I do know SLED recognizes the NRA course. So, perhaps you can begin with a copy of their's.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

+1 for Washington's curriculum. It's pretty good.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12