2 Questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Questions

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    He's got great reasons for not to carry in an ankle holster. All of which I cannot argue against. But how many others found it hard to take him seriously with a Marvin Martian figure, a Punisher flag, a WonderWoman sticker on one safe, a Superman sticker on the other safe, and two hula dancing GUYS in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    The guy is a bit of a comedian, but he has terrific advice in general, and I almost always agree with his stance on things about which he speaks. Not always, but mostly.
    If you can't see past his self-deprecating sense of humor, it's your own loss.
    Read only the bold underlined parts again and let's try to not make things personal in the future. If you cannot understand sarcasm and light-hearted humor in a person's post, which my third sentence obviously is, try not to attack the person first, but ask instead. It's quite obvious I have respect for this guy's argumentation as is supported by the first two of the three sentences in my post.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I meant what I said. If you really felt that you can't take him seriously, you're missing out on a lot of good information he has to offer, and that really is a loss for anyone who feels that way, in my view. If it was sarcasm, and you've watched other videos of his, terrific! I wasn't attempting to attack you personally. It wouold be a lot more obvious than that if I had. It's not why I'm here.

Some people really dislike that guy, then again some people really dislike James Yeager, too.. I don't have much problem with either of them, although I've been told that Yankee Marshal doesn't take criticism well at all on his YT page, and is a bit block-happy on people who openly disagree with him. That's unfortunate.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

4. Since GlassWolf brought up Yeager, I remembered watching a video he did about drawing from an ankle holster. And a-here-it-goes...

oooh! good catch.
    Robert A. Heinlein

1) I agree with Rickard, training training training. That being said in theory (not mechnically speaking) is carrying locked and loaded really that different than carrying a revolver? I would approach the subject with the aforementioned mentality when training.
    2) I noticed that no one pointed out the obvious advantage of carrying on the inside of your left ankle vs. carrying on the outside of your right ankle. If you were caught in a scenario where you had to draw with your left hand, trying to draw from the outside of your right ankle would be much more cumbersome. I shoot fully ambidexteriously, so being able to draw with either hand is appealing. I also have to agree with "batman" that an ankle holster does leave a lot of room for error. They are the least stable of any carry and conceal holster, and the least comfortable. I have not had good experiences with ankle holsters.
    ""Chance favors the well prepared mind" - Louis Pastuer

-Blakester

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I meant what I said. If you really felt that you can't take him seriously, you're missing out on a lot of good information he has to offer, and that really is a loss for anyone who feels that way, in my view. If it was sarcasm, and you've watched other videos of his, terrific! I wasn't attempting to attack you personally. It wouold be a lot more obvious than that if I had. It's not why I'm here.

Some people really dislike that guy, then again some people really dislike James Yeager, too.. I don't have much problem with either of them, although I've been told that Yankee Marshal doesn't take criticism well at all on his YT page, and is a bit block-happy on people who openly disagree with him. That's unfortunate.
    Please read my posts and don't change my words. I never said I CAN'T take him seriously. I asked how many people found it hard to take him seriously. I also said I liked his reasoning and argumentation.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

8. My Reasons

Thanks Rick! I'm comfortable with a round chambered. I currently carry a Taurus Slim PT 740, 40 cal. I'm a retired Coast Guard Chief and the Commandants policy was the weapon was always hot when carrying it in the holster on duty. I now live in Virginia. Being a minister now, my church members might get a little uneasy with their pastor carrying a weapon in their homes or at church. I view it as being ready to protect my sheep in the event a nut case shows up at church with evil intentions. The shooting in the theater actually caused me to do this. I couldn't imagine having any of my 8 grandchildren with mesomewhere, needing to protect them, and unable to, so I carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickard View Post
    1) I would suggest training until you are comfortable with carrying the firearm with a round in the chamber. You do not mention what type of pistol you are carrying, but the vast majority can be carried safely with a round in the chamber. There are a lot of defensive pistol classes that will fit the bill here. I do not know what part of the country you are from but course similar to the range portion of the NRA Personal Protection Outside The Home or the Advanced Defensive Pistol class are what you are looking for.

2) Most people prefer the inside of the left leg for a right handed person, but it is personal preference. Why have you decided on an ankle holster? Nothing against them but they are not the most practical holster for most people.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Please read my posts and don't change my words. I never said I CAN'T take him seriously. I asked how many people found it hard to take him seriously. I also said I liked his reasoning and argumentation.
    Fair enough
    Robert A. Heinlein

10. I am out of shape (I know I need to lose some weight!) do any of you bigger guys carry appendix if you have a belly? I find it's very uncomfortable.

I have a friend who's about 285lbs, 6'1", former golden gloves boxer.. barrel chested, bit of a gut. He can't carry appendix with any comfort either... for what it's worth. (we both work security, and talk about firearms almost daily)

this is my buddy here:
    2 Questions-0063_zps2a66fafb.jpg
    Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast