Is anyone as PO'ed at the NRA as I am? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone as PO'ed at the NRA as I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    You think you see a laps in NRA principles because you don't understand the NRA's principles. The NRA does what's good for the NRA. Everything else is just "branding".
    So YOU see that by doing "what's good for business", it has made things WORSE for us citizens?

Gun control must be very good for business then because they have the sheep lined up for blocks to join!
    And I hope to god you blew wads of cash for your "gold card" membership.

Idiot.

N.R.A. = Not Relevant anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWhite View Post
    So YOU see that by doing "what's good for business", it has made things WORSE for us citizens?

Gun control must be very good for business then because they have the sheep lined up for blocks to join!
    And I hope to god you blew wads of cash for your "gold card" membership.

Idiot.

N.R.A. = Not Relevant anymore.

I'm not a member of the NRA. Never have been, never will be.

No NRA employee is going to sacrifice their child's dental plan for your gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    I'm not a member of the NRA. Never have been, never will be.

No NRA employee is going to sacrifice their child's dental plan for your gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWhite View Post
    That just means everything you read today is intelligent and insightful.

You are a legend in your own mind..shame it's empty.

I am not thrilled by the blended learning, therefore have released my own basic pistol curriculum I use for my students, similar to the NRA Basic Pistol but not quite. I believe the NRA did this because so very many instructors in my area alone were marketing their classes as NRA Basic Pistol, using the NRA basic Pistol curriculum, issuing photocopied NRA Basic Pistol certificates, but the NRA never got their NRA Basic Pistol cut via the student packet. Now they get their cut, and wow $60! They get their cut.

Once the dust settles, I will try a few blended Phase 2 classes and see how it goes. I am just playing wait and see.
    -Thomas
    Member, ISRA; NRA Life Member & Instructor; AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com @AlphaKoncepts

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagogunsmith View Post
    I am not thrilled by the blended learning, therefore have released my own basic pistol curriculum I use for my students, similar to the NRA Basic Pistol but not quite. I believe the NRA did this because so very many instructors in my area alone were marketing their classes as NRA Basic Pistol, using the NRA basic Pistol curriculum, issuing photocopied NRA Basic Pistol certificates, but the NRA never got their NRA Basic Pistol cut via the student packet. Now they get their cut, and wow $60! They get their cut.

Once the dust settles, I will try a few blended Phase 2 classes and see how it goes. I am just playing wait and see.
    That is what I have done and most of the instructors I've talked with. It's not that big a deal, just very annoying and counter productive. We get most of our students through word of mouth anyway. The most frustrating part is that it plays into the hands of the people doing half-assed classes and screws the ones trying to do what is right. WV just passed a law where a law abiding citizen can carry concealed without a permit. The big debate was the training requirement. Most of the people we have taught will not carry without the training. They don't feel comfortable without it. Most people will do the right thing, but we always want to legislate for the minority that do not.

As a instructor myself it is hard to to get students who want to spend all this money to get there permit. It makes it harder on me my state is also a contutinal carry state.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by cnacowboy View Post
    As a instructor myself it is hard to to get students who want to spend all this money to get there permit. It makes it harder on me my state is also a contutinal [sic] carry state.
    Well, if it would make it easier to conduct your business where the state government force-feeds you your clients, move.

Forgive me if I missed some nuance here, but it really sounds like you're complaining about living where constitutional carry is the law. Second Amendment advocates believe that is the absolutely optimal circumstance for a state to operate under. Big-government statists believe permission slips and heavily regulated restrictions on where one can carry is the ideal circumstance. Please don't be a big-government statist.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

know I'm glad were contutinal carry I'm just saying most of the people ive talked to don't want to spend anymore money to get there permit when you don't need one in this state if you stay in this state.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast