payment alternatives to paypal
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: payment alternatives to paypal

payment alternatives to paypal

Lets beat a dead horse about online payments. I stopped using an online gateway/merchant account when I closed my ecommerce store. however I still accept PayPal for my firearm training students.

In the past week PayPal has given errors to 3 different students saying unable to make payment, please verify funds blah blah blah. Each students has verified funds and funds were allegedly available. After a very very frustrating 20 minutes on hold, PayPal insists my students must have a problem with their funding. After explaining it is unlikely that 3 times in one week this would occur, I gave up. Forget them.

So now I am on the hunt for alternatives to PayPal. I signed up with chase quick pay so one student could pay. No funds huh paypal?! But this only works with other people who have chase to my knowledge.

I also signed up with Google wallet but not sure this is going to be right for me either.

All I am looking for is no monthly fees and the ability to put some customized buttons or payment form on my website. Any suggestions? There are so many out there I figured I would ask for a personal recommendation first.
    -Thomas
    Member, ISRA; NRA Life Member & Instructor; AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com @AlphaKoncepts

Have you looked into square? Squareup.com

4. Wechat has one that I have heard good things about. I have no experience about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Adam View Post
    Solid lead, thanks... anyone been working with any crypto currencies ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Adam View Post

Square is anti-gun.

From their prohibited list:
    Sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

PayPal wants your bank password; I am done with them

Quote Originally Posted by DougG View Post
    PayPal wants your bank password; I am done with them
    I dumped PP over a decade ago when they demanded access to my checking account, so I could use a credit card. And I miss them about like I miss hemorrhoids.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Square is anti-gun. From their prohibited list: Sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury
    Well now, that sucks... thanks for the heads up.

10. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Square is anti-gun.

From their prohibited list:
    Sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury
    Physical injury, bath tubs/showers, stairs, side walks, curbs, cars, motorcycles, the list goes on.
    Dropped pay pal 10 years ago too, they just plain suck.
    I bought something one time and it was with pay pal and I used my Visa card. Never got the product, called Visa and they went after pay pal. Got my money back from Visa, never did anymore business with pay pal. Done.

Paypal has never asked me for my bank password and yes square is anti gun.

There have been a couple of merchant services providers claiming to be like pay pal (only pay per transaction, no monthly fees) but until I re-incorporate the business I'm not signing up. When I rebranded in 2015, I closed the corporation and currently operate as a sole proprietor. Hopefully in 2017 I'll reincorporate, I have big plans for 2017 including dedicated class room space and no more renting hotel meeting rooms, getting another merchant account provider is one of those plans.

I fixed the paypal problem I mentioned above, by integrating a shopping card into my website. I was sending out my paypal.me payment page and that's what was giving students the errors. Even though paypal is anti gun, I have no choice but to keep using them until I setup a merchant account again.
    -Thomas
    Member, ISRA; NRA Life Member & Instructor; AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com @AlphaKoncepts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast