Nra vs uscca - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nra vs uscca

If you are concerned with concealed carry needs, go USCCA. They have better insurance to protect yourself and modern teaching materials. NRA is still the leader in protecting our gun rights by far, and I support them but since they are so big, they fall behind in updating support for concealed carry folk. For hunting and everything else... NRA wins hands down.
    NRA Instructor Ashland and Norfolk, VA quinndefense.com

3. Hello everyone! My name is Jon Duda and I am an NRA Certified Instructor as well as a Certified Instructor/Training Counselor for the USCCA. I will be happy to address your questions and concerns via email at [email protected]. If you are interested in becoming a USCCA Certified Instructor, I can make that happen for you too. I will try to condense the questions down to a manageable number and post the answers in a sensible way so others may benefit from the information too.

Both organizations are excellent at what they do and I do believe they are similar in some areas and differ in others. I look forward to hearing from everyone and to addressing everyone's concerns.

Be Aware, Take Care and Be Safe!

Jon Duda ...CarryOn!
    CarryOn Firearms Training.net

4. It's a shame that the USCCA won't accept a new member who is already a NRA Certified Instructor by matching credentials. However, with a different teaching method I guess they want to ensure uniformity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

5. Nra vs uscca

I am a NRA Instructor and an Appleseed Instructor in Training. I have been thinking of becoming an USCCA instructor also. Jon, what can you tell me. Things here is real slow here so I don't have a lot of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

I have seen many places and states that require courses given by an NRA certified Instructor to get a permit, but I never recall seeing anyone require a course by a USCCA instructor as being acceptable.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    I have seen many places and states that require courses given by an NRA certified Instructor to get a permit, but I never recall seeing anyone require a course by a USCCA instructor as being acceptable.
    In the State of Georgia, no course is required. I know nothing about the USCCA course. So, I need to find out if I would want teach USCCA courses. I will continue to teach NRA courses, I also will teach Appleseed.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Well, the USCCA is not really in the extortion business like the NRA. That explains it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Well, the USCCA is not really in the extortion business like the NRA. That explains it.
    The States makes the Laws, not the NRA.

Personally, I don't think we should be required to have a class to exercise our rights.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SMRollins View Post
    The States makes the Laws, not the NRA.

Personally, I don't think we should be required to have a class to exercise our rights.
    Guess who wrote into law that an NRA class would be a qualifier for a license to exercise the 2nd Amendment right? It certainly wasn't the Brady bunch. NRA-backed politicians did that.

I think the NRA had been the gold standard in training for many years and that's why states recognize them as training. Unfortunately, training has taken a back seat at the NRA. Here, in Colorado, I can teach my own classes (and I do) that are recognized. Of course, any pistol class meets requirements for obtaining a concealed handgun permit. For me to be recognized as an instructor I believe I need to keep my NRA instructor certification.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act!" -- George Orwell
    ------------
    There is nothing more persuasive than a red dot on somebody's forehead (aside from the sound of a shotgun chambering a round).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast