I'm surprised
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm surprised

I'm surprised

I'm surprised that this site hasn't been discussing the recent events in Iowa.

Both houses of the Iowa legislature have overwhelming approved a bill, which the governor is expected to sign, making Iowa a "shall issue" state as of January 1, 2011. (As we all know, Iowa had remained strangely retrograde in its policy on CCW.) The language in the bill also states that Iowa will grant reciprocity to all other states. So starting next year, if you have a CCW permit in any state, you're good in Iowa. Apparently, your permit doesn't have to be resident, either, so a Maryland or New Jersey resident with a Florida or Utah permit will be able to carry in Iowa. (Iowa residents will need an Iowa permit, though.)

Not sure about what Iowa will do about non-resident permits, but for most of us, that won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    I'm surprised that this site hasn't been discussing the recent events in Iowa.

Both houses of the Iowa legislature have overwhelming approved a bill, which the governor is expected to sign, making Iowa a "shall issue" state as of January 1, 2011. (As we all know, Iowa had remained strangely retrograde in its policy on CCW.) The language in the bill also states that Iowa will grant reciprocity to all other states. So starting next year, if you have a CCW permit in any state, you're good in Iowa. Apparently, your permit doesn't have to be resident, either, so a Maryland or New Jersey resident with a Florida or Utah permit will be able to carry in Iowa. (Iowa residents will need an Iowa permit, though.)

Not sure about what Iowa will do about non-resident permits, but for most of us, that won't matter.
    That's great news. Keep us informed. I think the issue with the health care vote has been overshadowing most other "good" news these days.

Thanks for the update,
    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

This is good news, indeed!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

I think the reason it wasn't discussed is because NOBODY goes to Iowa except some politicians every four years.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    I think the reason it wasn't discussed is because NOBODY goes to Iowa except some politicians every four years.
    Ahem...I pass thru Iowa several times a year on my way to visit my son in Kansas. So, make that "some politicians and JJF". It'll be nice to be legal.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Ahem...I pass thru Iowa several times a year on my way to visit my son in Kansas. So, make that "some politicians and JJF".
    Shoeless Joe Jackson goes there from time to time.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post

If you build it... He will come...

Peace...

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    I've seen him! He had this white rabbit and...uh...nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    If you build it... He will come...

Peace...
    Yup, that's where I saw him...

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Yup, that's where I saw him...
    Never been to Iowa. Suppose some day I'll make it there. Working on my RI non-res now. gotta go and get qualified. KN1080 from this site is assisting with that.

Been to Fargo in Feb though... COLD...

Peace...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast