Iowa Passes Shall-Issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iowa Passes Shall-Issue

Quote Originally Posted by shootin.targets View Post
    Will this lead to similar reciprocity as what Missouri has with the same recognizing all other states permits?
    I would like to know this, too. I spend many holidays in Iowa visiting the wife's parents, siblings, grandparents, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by whofan View Post
    I would like to know this, too. I spend many holidays in Iowa visiting the wife's parents, siblings, grandparents, etc.
    There is no *reciprocity* written into either Missouri or Iowa law. If you have a valid permit issued by any state, you can carry in Iowa or Missouri. Iowa requires their residents to get the Iowa permit. Missouri does not.

We got the Missouri AG to agree to assign someone to do reciprocity agreements with other states that require them.

4. Iowa is a big win for the right to carry.Wisconsin is next what about Chicago land?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    Iowa is a big win for the right to carry.Wisconsin is next what about Chicago land?
    I wish Wisconsin the best of luck. Thanks to Democrat Governor Jim Doyle, who vetoed the Personal Protection Act twice! At least Wiscosin has legal open carry.

Illinois is closer to CCW than ever. The Illinois Sheriffs Association supports, The Illinois Farm Bureau supports, and the City of Peoria supports it. It will happen!

Quote Originally Posted by SFC Stu View Post
    Illinois is closer to CCW than ever. The Illinois Sheriffs Association supports, The Illinois Farm Bureau supports, and the City of Peoria supports it. It will happen!

Chicago on the other hand.....

Keep in mind the new Iowa law doesn't go into effect until January 1st, 2011.
    An armed society is a polite society.

8. How bout carriers from other states driving through? Any change before 2011 or do they still expect us to lock them in the trunk? I'm on80 at least once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Sol View Post
    How bout carriers from other states driving through? Any change before 2011 or do they still expect us to lock them in the trunk? I'm on80 at least once a month.
    I have never locked a firearm in the trunk in Iowa. Handguns must be unloaded and secured in a case to large to be concealed on your person.

After 1 Jan, 2011 carry them loaded on your person!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12