Iowa Passes Shall-Issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Iowa Passes Shall-Issue

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by shootin.targets View Post
    Will this lead to similar reciprocity as what Missouri has with the same recognizing all other states permits?
    I would like to know this, too. I spend many holidays in Iowa visiting the wife's parents, siblings, grandparents, etc.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by whofan View Post
    I would like to know this, too. I spend many holidays in Iowa visiting the wife's parents, siblings, grandparents, etc.
    There is no *reciprocity* written into either Missouri or Iowa law. If you have a valid permit issued by any state, you can carry in Iowa or Missouri. Iowa requires their residents to get the Iowa permit. Missouri does not.

    We got the Missouri AG to agree to assign someone to do reciprocity agreements with other states that require them.

  4. Iowa is a big win for the right to carry.Wisconsin is next what about Chicago land?

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    Iowa is a big win for the right to carry.Wisconsin is next what about Chicago land?
    I wish Wisconsin the best of luck. Thanks to Democrat Governor Jim Doyle, who vetoed the Personal Protection Act twice! At least Wiscosin has legal open carry.

    Illinois is closer to CCW than ever. The Illinois Sheriffs Association supports, The Illinois Farm Bureau supports, and the City of Peoria supports it. It will happen!

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC Stu View Post
    Illinois is closer to CCW than ever. The Illinois Sheriffs Association supports, The Illinois Farm Bureau supports, and the City of Peoria supports it. It will happen!

    Chicago on the other hand.....

  7. #16
    Keep in mind the new Iowa law doesn't go into effect until January 1st, 2011.
    An armed society is a polite society.

  8. How bout carriers from other states driving through? Any change before 2011 or do they still expect us to lock them in the trunk? I'm on80 at least once a month.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Sol View Post
    How bout carriers from other states driving through? Any change before 2011 or do they still expect us to lock them in the trunk? I'm on80 at least once a month.
    I have never locked a firearm in the trunk in Iowa. Handguns must be unloaded and secured in a case to large to be concealed on your person.

    After 1 Jan, 2011 carry them loaded on your person!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 06:18 PM
  2. Help Iowa Become Shall Issue -call now
    By IAJack in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 01:05 PM
  3. If ObamaCare passes 33%-50% of doctors threaten to leave medicine
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 10:32 AM
  4. Shall Issue - May Issue?
    By lukem in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 08:51 PM
  5. Armed citizen stories
    By ishi in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 12:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast