Non-resident permit in IA
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Non-resident permit in IA

  1. #1

    Non-resident permit in IA

    Ok, so this may be a dumb question but do I have to get my resident IA permit before I can carry in IA? I was really wanting to get a UT permit but I've heard that IA won't recognize a non-resident permit unless you have a IA permit.

    Just trying to straighten things out before I submit my applications. Just took my class last night so I'm itching to get it done.

  3. #2
    You, as a resident of IA, would need an IA permit to carry in IA.

    Sec. 10. NEW SECTION. 724.11A Recognition.
    A valid permit or license issued by another state to any
    nonresident of this state shall be considered to be a valid
    permit or license to carry weapons issued pursuant to this
    chapter, except that such permit or license shall not be
    considered to be a substitute for an annual permit to acquire
    pistols or revolvers issued pursuant to section 724.15.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Parsons, TN
    I agree with the above.

    In most states where you have to have a permit, if you are a resident of that state, you must have a permit from that state to carry in it.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

    Posting in …….
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

  5. #4
    Utah has recently changed their laws about this. You need to get the IA permit first. They are shall issue now of course, as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts