Iowa Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Iowa Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wildwood, Missouri
    Posts
    20
    Congrats. You finally got shall issue passed. Too bad it wont take effect until Jan 2011

  2.   
  3. #12

    new member

    hi, all. just stumbled across this site and it looked interesting, hope to learn from here and maybe share what small knowledge i have countybob

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by countybob View Post
    hi, all. just stumbled across this site and it looked interesting, hope to learn from here and maybe share what small knowledge i have countybob
    Welcome,

    Not to take anything away from this awesome site...

    If you haven't already found it...here is an Iowa specific forum with lots of good info...

    Iowa Firearms Coalition


  5. #14
    On 1 January, 2011, you will be legal to carry in Iowa if you have a permit from any state.
    After 62 years I will no longer be a criminal in my neighboring state 20 miles away.

  6. #15
    In just two more days, Jan 1, 2011 will issue in a new year and a new era in Iowa CCW laws. Hallelujah!

    "Shall issue" instead of "sheriff, may I please;" recognition of all other states' permits issued to resident of other states; training standards and opportunities no longer monopolized by individual sheriffs; yes, it's going to be a new era in Iowa gun laws.

  7. #16
    Yes sir, just a day and a half and and Iowa will join most of the nation, as far as firearm laws.

    The uninformed, misinformed and just plain stupid are having a hissy fit! Relax folks, take a couple of Pamprin and call me in a couple of years!

    Nothing is going to change. No blood in the streets.

  8. #17
    i'm just reading old posts and am amazed at the excitement of non-iowans for our new 'right'! thanx all that worked so hard and fought to have these rights observed!
    "An unloaded gun is an exspensive club"! Sig Sauer P239 DAK .40 S&W // 2nd Amend = you can carry as soon as your father says you can!

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by giantmonkey View Post
    i'm just reading old posts and am amazed at the excitement of non-iowans for our new 'right'! thanx all that worked so hard and fought to have these rights observed!
    I have a friend who lives in Iowa, also thought about working for a company in Ames, the economy threw a wrench in that one though.

  10. In response to vehicle carry, I asked the sheriff in my county about that, and he said that a firearm may be accessible to the driver IF the driver or a passenger has their permit to carry AND that firearm belongs to the permit holder. Otherwise the rules are as usual... inaccessible to driver, unloaded, and in a case of some sort.

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by durhamm1988 View Post
    In response to vehicle carry, I asked the sheriff in my county about that, and he said that a firearm may be accessible to the driver IF the driver or a passenger has their permit to carry AND that firearm belongs to the permit holder. Otherwise the rules are as usual... inaccessible to driver, unloaded, and in a case of some sort.
    said sheriff is blowing smoke. There is nothing in statute that says the firearm must belong to the permit holder. I could borrow your gun and drive around with it without you being there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast