Introduction
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

1. Introduction

I'm a retired State Police Captain, graduate of the FBI National Academy and longtime shooter. I've had the opportunity to train with some of the very best handgun instructors, including the late, great Jim Cirillo.

I am a "qualified retired law enforcement officer" under the provisions of the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 allowing me to LEGALLY CCW in all fifty states.

I was one of the very first persons in the Commonwealth certified to train CCDW Instructors over ten years ago and like to think that I helped get the program off to a good start. I still strongly support the right of qualified non-law enforcement members of the public to CCW.

3. Glad to see you here with us. Looks like you definitely have some great insight to offer.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

I agree Big E! Welcome to the site.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Just wanted to say Hello to the Captain and others from the state to your south!

Just wanted to introduce my self, I live In Covington moved back about 2 year ago after retiring from the Military. Been carring about 5 years and shooting about 30 have a Florida and Kentucky permit. Enjoy the shooting sports and would like to get involved in IDPA. Anyone with info about it in the region it would be apprecatiaed.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" (George Washington)

WOW, can't wait to read your posts.

Welcome to the forum Cap'n. Glad to have and thank you for your service.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Welcome from Texas.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Welcome to USA Carry!

Welcome Sir, and thank you for your service! Glad you Joined.

Welcome aboard!
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast