Hello, New member here from ky! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello, New member here from ky!

Dvst8R,
    Welcome from New York State Glad you have joined us.are you anywhere around Glasgow Ky.I have Family there

3. Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    Dvst8R,
    Welcome from New York State Glad you have joined us.are you anywhere around Glasgow Ky.I have Family there
    Im about an hour or so from Glasgow.

advice

where are you located? Sigma requires an added attachment for a laser, unless you add one on the trigger...

5. Located outside Louisville. I thought they needed a rail adapter for lasers.

To the OP, welcome to the forum. From Henderson here.

Also not to start any fires but I remember from my CCDW class the instructor stating we must inform an officer that we are carrying and show our permit. After reading this thread I went back and read the book we got with the class and it says you "SHOULD" tell the officer....hhmmm......tried searching KRS but to no avail. Anyone have any clarification on this with the code that says we do or do not have to inform? I have always been of a mindset that a) stay out of trouble and this becomes a nonissue and b) if I do happen to have a LEO encounter would probably go in my favor to inform. I do know that in a traffic stop once they run your plates it comes back that the registered owner has a CCDW.

Sorry for the highjack......and thanks.....GO CATS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by d-buck:210618
    To the OP, welcome to the forum. From Henderson here.

Also not to start any fires but I remember from my CCDW class the instructor stating we must inform an officer that we are carrying and show our permit. After reading this thread I went back and read the book we got with the class and it says you "SHOULD" tell the officer....hhmmm......tried searching KRS but to no avail. Anyone have any clarification on this with the code that says we do or do not have to inform? I have always been of a mindset that a) stay out of trouble and this becomes a nonissue and b) if I do happen to have a LEO encounter would probably go in my favor to inform. I do know that in a traffic stop once they run your plates it comes back that the registered owner has a CCDW.

Sorry for the highjack......and thanks.....GO CATS!!!!!
    I already did clarify, you do not have to inform in the state of Kentucky.

8. Regardless I will still inform the officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvst8r:210700
    Regardless I will still inform the officer.
    Again ok thats fine, only stating law not what you should do.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Again ok thats fine, only stating law not what you should do.
    Yea I know. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12