Concealed Carrying on school property - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carrying on school property

The Federal GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONE ACT or something like that comes into play on this. It is against the law to come anywhere within 1,000 feet of a school in any state of the country, unless you have a CCW permit from the state the school is in.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle Safety View Post
    Well to be honest I don't let any law tell me when or where I can peotect myself I just won't go to those places that check if all possible
    What are you going to do when the law tells you that you can't leave your home with a weapon? Send the maid out for groceries?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

4. I wish they just amend this 1995 bill, not get rid of it entirely. Just add for ex, "does not apply to Leo, military, and legal carry permit holders." At the very least, let them keep it locked in their car. How many more VA Techs and Fort Hoods must there be for these apathetic robots in DC to understand that Its Not Working.

I think most states have the same no Concealed Carry policy. Here in New York State, it's clearly posted everywhere, No weapons on school on School Property. When dropping, or picking up my kids, I make sure, I never exit my Vehicle.

Unlike super markets, or any other stores that restrict concealed carry, I honor School policy.I know NYS will prosecute to the fullest letter of the law. But most importantly, I want to set an good example in front on my Children, Showing them that I, follow the rules, as I expect them to do.

Leading by example.

6. Quote Originally Posted by WVCDL View Post
    OK, so from what I see, it's OK as long as it stays in the vehicle.

(3) The provisions of this section prohibiting the unlawful possession of a weapon on school property shall not apply to:

(a) An adult who possesses a firearm, if the firearm is contained within a vehicle operated by the adult and is not removed from the vehicle, except for a purpose permitted herein, or brandished by the adult, or by any other person acting with expressed or implied consent of the adult, while the vehicle is on school property;

Quote Originally Posted by ParrotHead View Post
    Well..Kentucky, which is why I posted in the Kentucky forum.
    My bad. I picked it up from "New Posts" and never saw the forum title. Apologies.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Please do keep in mind that Federal law trumps State law, so even if your State laws might be lenient the Federal law is certainly not.

Actually the federal law stipulates that if the state law on concealed carry allows it, then it's okay.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Actually the federal law stipulates that if the state law on concealed carry allows it, then it's okay.
    Are you quite certain about that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast