Moving to KY from NY with NY permit and Utah CCW permit.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving to KY from NY with NY permit and Utah CCW permit.

1. Moving to KY from NY with NY permit and Utah CCW permit.

I'm considering a move to KY. I have an NY unrestricted pistol permit as well as a Utah CCW permit that is good in KY. My NY permit is only good in NY.

What do I need to do once I am a resident of KY? Is my Utah permit OK w/o my KY permit?

In other words, I will bringing my long guns as well as my handguns, all registered on my NY permit to KY if I move. My handguns are all registered on my NY cards but none are registered on my Utah card and there does not appear to be place for listing them either. Confusing!

3. Just a guess but most states do Not have registration oh weapons. So as far as that goes you probably won't have to in KY. As far as the Utah permit goes you will néed to check and see if it will be valid there. I know here in Louisiana my La permit is good in Ms. Also if I move to Mississippi that my La permit will be valid until it expires then I would have to get a permit in Mississippi. Now I can not say for sure if all of the states work that way....

4. check out KY State Police website for all the info you need......always go to the source.

Kentucky State Police: Concealed Deadly Weapons

5. NYBUCKBOY, congratulations on leaving New York! As for Kentucky, you are in luck! The Guns and Ammo ranked KY as the 5th best state for gun owners. I wont ruin the rest of the list for you. Below is the link.

G&A Ranks the Best States for Gun Owners in 2013 - Guns & Ammo

6. Quote Originally Posted by artseago View Post
    check out KY State Police website for all the info you need......always go to the source.

Kentucky State Police: Concealed Deadly Weapons
    I did check this out and there really is nothing that answers my question. They mention moving out of KY but into KY.

No need to register any weapons, just bring all of them with you. Once you become a resident of KY then look into taking a CCDW class and follow through the process to get your CCDW license.

Welcome to a FREE state
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    No need to register any weapons, just bring all of them with you. Once you become a resident of KY then look into taking a CCDW class and follow through the process to get your CCDW license.

Welcome to a FREE state
    You mean you can own handguns w/o registering? Can you carry open? You do need to take a ccdw class to carry concealed though, is that right? I do plan to call the KY State Police at some point if I decide to move.

9. Welcome to Ky, your shall issue state!!

Quote Originally Posted by nybuckboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post

Welcome to a FREE state
    You mean you can own handguns w/o registering? Can you carry open? You do need to take a ccdw class to carry concealed though, is that right? I do plan to call the KY State Police at some point if I decide to move.
    Correct, I open and conceal carry.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Wholmes View Post
    Just a guess but most states do Not have registration oh weapons. So as far as that goes you probably won't have to in KY. As far as the Utah permit goes you will néed to check and see if it will be valid there. I know here in Louisiana my La permit is good in Ms. Also if I move to Mississippi that my La permit will be valid until it expires then I would have to get a permit in Mississippi. Now I can not say for sure if all of the states work that way....
    I know my Utah Permit is good cause KY is one of the 30+ states it is good in. Registering the guns is the big difference it appears.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast